HELLO

lisam2003
on 5/14/13 1:33 am - TN

Hi, I'm Lisa....I had RNY in Dec 2003.  I Lost 145 pounds in a little over 1 year.  I reached my goal of wearing a size 10 and maintained until 5 years ago, slowly as I changed my habits and regimen the weight came back.  I am now 196....that's a 50 pound gain for me.  It's time for me to get back on track.  So I'm here....back where it all began.   In 2003 I found this website and was on here daily receiving and giving support.  Swearing I would "NEVER BE FAT AGAIN"  So I'm starting over....asking for help, asking for support.  Thanks for reading this...Blessings,

Lisa M.

Ascetics_TN
on 5/24/13 5:57 am

Hello Lisa. Thank you for taking the time to post here. It takes great strength to seek help and I'm hoping you find it here. Truth is I'm starting on my  RNY weight lost journey. It hasn't even been a week since I went under the knife. Perhaps, I'm not the best person to talk about regain weight support. What I can give you is encouragement. Set up your new virtual WLS date as of today and start over. Go through your house and get rid of those bad foods, shop for the fruits and veggies, start controlling your portion size and view some of the positive comments on this board. You can be such an important influence on people here by sharing your pitfalls and struggles in effort to help us avoid them in the future. 

You can do it and good luck in the near future!

lptazbear66
on 6/15/13 9:20 am - Murfreesboro, TN

Hey Lisa, I think you just described what we are all afraid of.  I had my surgery 3 yrs ago and have maintained the size 8/10 but the 8's are getting a little tight since put on 10 lbs.  I am with you that it can be tough.  I am freaked out now because I need to hear these stories that we do gain when we eat too much or bad.  I already realize I am on a slippery slope and need to get it back under control now.  What area are you in?  I am in Murfreesboro.  I wrote back in Jan that I wanted to find a support group but then never did.  I really do think those will probably help.  I have my 3 yr post op appt with Vanderbilt (where I had my surgery) in July and I am told it really does help to keep those appointments for the rest of your life in case you need help from them getting back on track.  I will be honest this year when I see them as I eat too much, and eat bad stuff (started eating bread a little more and am a candyaholic), drinking diet coke again, and I don't exercise regularly. 

I just had a thought, I will keep a food journal for a couple weeks.  Maybe if I write it down I will be less likely to put it in my mouth. 

Anyways, good luck Lisa and if you are close by let me know.

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Most Active
Recent Topics