I AM SO ANGRY WITH ME!

lisam2003
on 8/4/13 1:55 am - TN

I cannot seem to get my food intake under control...I feel like a failure.  I look in the mirror and despise my body.  I went through a lot to be able to have the surgery 10 years ago....I should be able to do this,  I keep coming back here because truthfully this is where it all began.  I'm still fighting and I'm going to continue fighting.

rhearob
on 8/6/13 6:47 am, edited 8/6/13 6:47 am - TN

Be proud of your courage!

When you feel the compulsion to eat...Take a deep breath and examine how you are feeling.  What is it thats really happening inside your head and your heart.  I am an emotional eater.  There is usually always something driving my need to feed.  Ask yourself - are you really hungry?  What is it you really feel?

Take some deep breaths, practice some relaxation exercises, divert yourself by drinking or doing something else.  

Are you going to any support groups?  Even OA can help you rebuild your strategies and tools.  Let go of any anger and shame.  The negative emotions are nothing but poison for our souls.  Don't let them control you.  You have nothing to be angry with yourself about.  You may not have always made the best decisions, but you have the strength to recognize that and the will to make a better choice in the future.

You can do this.  You know how to do this.  We are all here to help.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

April M.
on 8/7/13 12:18 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13
Support groups, track your food, get back to the basics. Remember why you had the surgery. Don't give up. If you are using food for anything other than fueling your body, maybe there are deeper issues that need to be dealt with. Perhaps counseling would help? Best wishes to you. Have faith that you can get back on track.
Most Active
Recent Topics