3 Months Post Op and I am an emotional mess.

wyncrtr
on 1/15/04 3:44 am - Nashville, TN
After 3 months post op, I must say I am an emotional mess. I stay in a perpetual pissed off mood. I have become intolerant to things that used to not bother me. Any little thing will set me off. Is this a normal phase? Will it ever end? What is going on? Why am I in such a bad mood all the time? Has anyone else that is post op experienced this? I have lost 90 pounds since surgery. Physically, I feel fine. I did experience a little fatigue when I went back to work, but that subsided. Does anyone have an intellegent answer?
gyverbabe
on 1/15/04 10:51 am - Knoxville, Tn
Wayne, I can't tell you if this is normal or not. What's normal for guys and normal for girls are completely different. I would suggest you contact a mental health practitioner and attend some counseling and support groups to help you get at the root cause of your anger. It could be that since you can't use food now to suppress your anger, you haven't found another outlet for it.
Pam E.
on 1/25/04 11:36 am - Chattanooga, TN
Maybe you need to look at the lost of your FRIEND (FOOD). I too went into an emotional tailspin when I lost my CRUTCH (food) I went to a therapy group and got some peace. Good Luck. Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics