Recent Posts

lisam2003
on 6/8/16 6:51 pm - TN
Topic: 13 years after

Dec 17, 2003 I had gastric bypass. Until then I had never in my life had a skinny day.  From a toddler I was large.  I've never been even barely successful with dieting.  I may have lost 2-10 pounds  but it was a battle and I would always end up heavier than before. So this was my miracle.  I made it down to 143 pounds.  It took 2 years for me to lose 140 pounds. I was living the life I had only dreamed of. I went to my twenty year class reunion and everyone ooohed and awed over me.  It was like living a fairy tale.  I could walk into any store I wanted I could find something that looked GOOD on me. Slowly begininng in 2010 I started losing control.....now I'm at 236 as of today and I hate to even get dressed each day because I KNOW that my clothes are going to be a little tighter each day and nothing looks good on me.  So what do I do?  Do I go back and ask for a revision. NO, I'M TOO ASHAMED. I've got to try and take control.  It's not my body fighting me it's my need to feel full.  Yes I need to feel full. I want to eat all the time to fill the void. So this is the start of my accountability...again.  Even if no one reads this but me....It's out there and I'm going to try. I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Misty_Snow
on 5/2/16 6:08 pm
Topic: RE: Memphis, TN??

Dr. Weaver is AWESOME! 

Misty_Snow
on 5/2/16 6:07 pm
Topic: RE: Memphis, TN??

Dr. Virginia Weaver @ St, Francis Center for Surgical Weight Loss did my RNY in 2007. Starting weight was 340, almost 9 years later @ 154lbs & I got pregnant 4 years ago had a very normal pregnancy, perfect baby & the weight came off easily. I have not regretted having surgery EVER! 

angiebeth
on 4/17/16 7:07 pm - Butler, TN
VSG on 04/11/16
Topic: RE: BMI OVER 70

I am 6 days post-op. I had the sleeve and I drove 6 hours to get my surgery at Centennial. I loved my nursing staff. They were great.

deebra1
on 4/12/16 1:34 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
Topic: RE: knoxville tn - new life center people?

went to my first meeting last thursday, sounds great and, i wanted to have the gastric sleeve done, got full coverage thru my insurance pays for it all, because of several pre existing conditions i qualify, but new life requires 1500.00 more for the aftercare they specialize in, well that just blew the wind out of my sails. who is sick and  disaled because of it getting 800 a month , has 1500 to pay ?? not me live from check to chk is sper hard already, but i found out not all dr. do this but new life dose, i am sad

toms_0321
on 4/3/16 5:33 am
Topic: RE: Need a girdle?

I believe from some of the reserach I have done that wearing a vintage girdle daily will very much aid in keeping people from becoming obese.  What a decent well fitted girdle does will help in lilmiting your portions when eating.  A girdle also worn daily will help you lose weight. 

CelesteCA2TN
on 3/18/16 11:18 am
Topic: Doctors who will do a RNY Revision in TN

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting a RNY Revision in Tennessee.  I am in Nashville, and the doctors here will not do this revision. It CAN be done, they don't perform it.  I'm willing to go wherever my car and my insurance can take me.

Thank you!

SAutry33
on 3/8/16 12:46 pm
Topic: RE: BMI OVER 70

I just looked at the drs at centennial in nashville today and gave them a call. they told me Dr. David Dyer is the only physician there that accepts my insurance. How was your experience there?

happiestmom
on 2/15/16 2:58 pm
Topic: knoxville tn - new life center people?

anyone around knoxville tn and especially that have used Dr. Boyce at New Life?

mgamble
on 1/26/16 1:12 pm - Knoxville, TN
Topic: Revision Complete - band to sleeve

I had lap-band 10 years ago and experienced great success for 6-7 years. Then I began to have some complications that resulted in a revision surgery to the VSG. I am one week post-op. Still off work. Do quite well. I have lost 25 lbs since beginning the pre-op diet. 

I used to hang out on OH a lot before I had the band. I'm back in more subtle ways. 

NSV for today is that I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in quite a while and they fit nicely. Love it.

Most Active
Recent Topics