Thursday WLS express

Alissa A.
on 4/29/09 7:08 pm - Keller, TX
At least I think it is... right? this not sleeping makes the week go by SLOWLY.....

BUT-nonetheless- GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
Kathy B.
on 4/29/09 7:19 pm - TX
I can not believe I am up at this hour. This is crazy. Not much goin on in my world. Just thought I would stop by and say Hello to my peeps. I hope to see a bunch of peeps at the support group on Sunday.  This Swine Flu thing is crazy... I wonder where it will all escalate to?? I hope it does not effect the conference in anyway. I hope it all gets better and we don't have to deal with this much longer.
Prayers for Debra, Mark, Janet, Lynette, Que and anyone else that might have any unspoken prayers.
Hugs and Happy thoughts to Gina, Liz, Jenn, Deanne, Jodi, Jeri, Teri, Tracey, Loralea, Meg, Becky, and all the other peeps that know I love them and just forget to mention them.  

Smile, it increases your face value.

1texasmom
on 4/29/09 10:14 pm

Yo ARE up too early!  I wonder which is more contagious, the Swine Flu or this insomnia.  All I can say is that you better not infect me.  I require a ton of sleep in order to function.  lol 

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Alissa A.
on 4/29/09 7:24 pm - Keller, TX
I could have started the train at 1, 2:30, or finally 3:30 when I stopped trying to doze off, toss and turn, and get up. Yesterday the doc gave me Ambien extended release and I guess I really can't take extended release because it didn't do anything different than the regular Ambien-which is hardly anything. GRRRR.....
Did you see your mail?? The circus is coming in August-well it does every year but I love the circus. And there are 3 shows on my birthday- hopefully we can go! I never got to go as a child because Houston was a drive for us and we didn't have the $. So we go every year now-started when Chris was 4. I know I like it more than he does but he likes it.
I woke with horrible pain in my neck and left shoulder and its getting worse sitting here. Gotta go grab the biofreeze and heating pad I guess. Great-now that its time to actually get up and moving!

Good luck to the TAKS takers today. Hoping and praying our school doesn't get shut down here in Keller. Prayers to Debra, Mark, and all those who need them.
jwinrrtx
on 4/29/09 7:41 pm - Round Rock, TX

Morning!!  It's my Friday & I could not be happier.  Hopefully it will stop raining!!!  We need it but you know Austin...it's feast or famine with the rain.

Nothing planned yet.  Drinking my 1st cup of coffee and trying to wake up.  I really would like to go to Petsmart today & get those steps for my pups & check out the "diet" dog food.  I'm just afraid Maggie won't eat it but I have honestly got to do something for her.

Ok..let me drink this coffee. Kathy B...hugs right back at you this morning!

Hugs & Love,

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Karen The Papaya
Queen

on 4/29/09 8:33 pm - somewhere
but I have honestly got to do something for her.

WALKING  it does a Doggie good.....

Honestly, my daughter's Lab had an ulcer..... the vet gave her some meds and a prescription for WALKING...  Huh???? He said, even with a big huge yard to play in she's not getting enough exercise on her own,she has to be walked at least once a day if not more often.....

Life is tough, but my God is TOUGHER
"There is more to life than increasing its speed.? Gandhi
The Greatest Pleasure In Life Is Doing What People Say You Cannot  Do....

377/331/198/175 Highest/WLS/Current/Goal

jwinrrtx
on 4/29/09 9:18 pm - Round Rock, TX
I do walk her but eating is her major problem...she's half bassett / half lab.  Bassetts have a tendency to be obese and she definately is.  Loves her food. I'm gonna have to cut her off. lol

Aristotle

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/29/09 10:17 pm
Jeri,
start reading the dog food labels like you do for yourself. The ones with lots of fillers - corn etc (the same junk that makes us gain weight) makes them gain too. IF youre on a budget, you dont have to get the food at Petsmart. IF there is a wally near you, they have a huge selection of dog food, look for one that is weight control.  Iams makes one, as does almost every other brand and those are sold there (one of moms dogs needs it). And the walking is a must. My 2 can play in the yard all damn day but they need the structure of a walk.  Good luck!

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

jwinrrtx
on 4/29/09 10:33 pm - Round Rock, TX
Thanks, Liz.  I'll start checking those labels.  Hard thing with her is as much as she loves her food she's picky.  I have FIVE small bags of dog food in my pantry right now...none of which she likes. lol

Aristotle

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/29/09 10:38 pm
ok i totally absolutely understand what you are saying. However, keep this in mind. She WILL eat when she's hungry! You do realize that her not eating that food and being 'picky' crap is HER being the alpha in the house, and not YOU (the human??).  The rule in my house is this.. I pay the bills, buy the food and pay the vet bills so *I* get to be alpha!
put the damn food down, she will eat when she's hungry, as you said, its not like she cant stand to miss a meal. If you feed twice a day, put the food down, leave it for say 30 minutes, if she doesnt eat it then, pick it up and youre done. STICK TO IT. I dont feed twice. I have such a weird work schedule, that i just leave dry food down all the time, but my dogs regulate themselves on the amount so i can do this with no problem.
Im not being harsh, lord knows how much i love and adore my furkids, but Barron will walk all over me if i let him and would eat nothing but boiled chicken and rice if thats what i would give him.  that isnt happening lol.  And just so you know.. im not talking outta my rear, i do have a handlers certification :)
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views