San Antonio

Jen Ewald
on 4/30/09 4:33 am - universal city, TX
ANyone do any get togathers in San Antoino ? I have went to a few at the MD office but just wondering if any WLS want to put togather a SA group to meet ...

Jenn

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 5:25 am
hey Jenn,
Maida organizes dinners in Austin every few months.. the san antonio folks usually make the drive. I keep trying to go but some disaster usually befalls me and i dont make it. Keep checking the board ;)
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

MissF1976
on 4/30/09 6:18 am - Georgetown,, TX
VSG on 02/28/09 with
I'm new to this board..I have been around awhile of the VSG board..I would love to get iinvolved in any type of meeting..I live North of Austin...fill me in. 
Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 6:34 am
well first, lemme welcome you to the BEST board on OH! Congrats on your sleeve.  In the mornings, check out the WLS Express thread. Its literally everymorning and we all use it to catch up on each oter. Great way to get to know all of us fruitcakes lol  WE have quite a few austin folks. Jeri lives in Round Rock, are you near there?? And again Maida gets a lil dinner together once every few months in austin somewhere to get everyone together. Oh also, if you wanna do an imprompto for coffee some, just POST a new thread.. i guarantee someone will respond lol. 
Cruise Director Julie  and her hubs Mikey are in san Antonio, Becky H is in New braunsfels (sp??) and :Lisa is in that area as well. Please forgive my typing, i have a migraine and my meds just kicked in lol. I know i have left someone out lol.  Oh and Sharyn is on in BFE that area as is Lola (anne) something as well. I know all of them in person and they are great folks. I strongly suggest you attend. 
Also approx once ever 2-3 months theres a  great dinner and after thing at Loralea's home. Dinner is hosted by Charlene then loralea is kind enough to open her home to all of us (its kid friendly if you have lil people) We usually have anywhere from 70 - 120 people attending that one. If you can possibly swing that dinner, its well worth it. Just prepared to have the stuffin squeezed outta you lol
Read the WLS express in the mornings, and chime in, tell us about yourself! We wont bite and love new folks!!!
in case you havent noticed, the support from these folks will get you thru a lot in this journey, even if its nothing to do with weight loss! and feel free to ask ANYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING! Lord knows NOTHING is sacred around here. Whatever problems you have.. one of us has been there and done that :)
Looking forward to reading your post on the train in the morning
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

MissF1976
on 5/1/09 12:06 am - Georgetown,, TX
VSG on 02/28/09 with
Thanks for such a warm welcome...This is just what the doctor ordered.  I was getting lonely over here in sleeveville---I will definitely be a regular at this board.  Thanks--I'm gonna check out Morning thread.  Thanks again!
Liz_G_Tx
on 5/1/09 12:10 am
we have a couple sleevers over here and a few DS'ers as well.So check us out and jump right on in :)
Liz

jwinrrtx
on 4/30/09 8:46 am - Round Rock, TX

Hi and welcome!  I'm trying like the dickens to get a support group together for our area (North Austin, RR and Georgetown--and anyone else who wants to come).  I'm taking OH Support Group Leader training in May.  I'm not looking for anything formal...but a meet-up every couple of weeks at a Starbucks or something.  There will be topics, but as I said...totally informal.

let me know what you think.

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

MissF1976
on 5/1/09 12:03 am - Georgetown,, TX
VSG on 02/28/09 with
I would love to be in your support group...I just replied to another message saying this very thing before I read this one...I'm so glad its friday..My brain needs a break!
I did attend one support group in Cedar Park at the Regional Hospital--but it was a joke--they basically made me feel like a weirdo since I went to Mexico for my surgery--it was definitely not SUPPORTIVE TO ME--so I hope I dont get that same kind of crap anywhere else.  I had a safe, wonderful surgery experience with Dr. Guiellermo Alvarez in Mexico and would do it again in a hearbeat I had no complications and am doing great!
Cruise Director Julie
on 4/30/09 8:02 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Go for it! My cruise directing days are over, but if I don't have other plans, I'll be there.
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
jwinrrtx
on 4/30/09 8:48 am - Round Rock, TX

Hey Jenn...sorry I don't know anything about any San Antonio groups.  You're more than welcome to join us in Austin once we get going.  I know it's far to travel but we'd love to have you!

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views