May Motivation Friday

Karla Lewis
on 4/30/09 9:05 pm - Livingston, TX
May Motivation Begins...

What are your goals?
Here's mine:
1. Exercise 3 times per week
2. Lose weight...doesn't matter if it's 1 or 20 lbs, just take SOMETHING off

I thought I'd keep it simple...I know I'll have lots of temptations with banquets and graduation parties, etc., so I'm not stupid enough to swear off ALL food.  I will work on limiting carbs!  I  know exercise alone will help a lot.

What's your plan for May?

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

jwinrrtx
on 4/30/09 9:49 pm - Round Rock, TX

Morning Karla!  Okay...I'm ready to get going & am determined to make May successful!!!

My goals:
1) Exercise 3 days a week
2) Stop bouncing all over the scale.  I know fluctuations are normal so I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about keeping my eating "sane" and keeping my eating on track.

Hugs & Love,

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Amanda Roberson
on 4/30/09 9:50 pm - Houston, TX
Morning Karla and Everyone !!! Thought that maybe if I participate this will give me the accountability that I need to meet some goals so here goes:

1. Loose 6lbs this month -- Currently 258lbs
2 Begin an exercise regimen and stick with it at least three times per week.
3. Take vitamins daily.
4. Get 100 ounces of water in daily.

I know, big goals right ...... I am really wanting to be in onderland by Christmas and I know that is attainable, but I am going to have to work my tool hard between now and then. Will work on limiting carbs and eating more protein.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

151lbs lost since surgery.  36lbs pre-surgery !
Total today is = 187lbs lost !!!

Paige E.
on 4/30/09 9:57 pm - TX
Good morning!!!!  Well I am a bit bummed as I missed my April weight loss goal by 2lbs!!!  I had hoped to be 189 today but the scale shows 191.   This is a big month for me as my first surgiversary will be May 30th!!!!  So far I have lost 87lbs since my surgery and that surpassed what my doctor said was the "norm" for the lapband.  He said the average weightloss was only around 50lbs.  I've been determined that I would lose 100lbs in a year.  So I've got to kick it in gear this month if I'm going to make it! 

So my goals for this month...

1.  EXERCISE 3x's a week
2.  drink at least 80oz of water a day if not more
3.  lose 13lbs to reach my 100lb mark by my 1st sugiversary on the 30th

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

Becky_TX
on 4/30/09 11:23 pm - Hurst, TX
May is going to be a busy month for us!!!  We have so many things going on but this is what I am going to set up for my goals......

1) Exercise 3(+)x a week
2) Get my water in everyday
3) Get my protein in everyday

Hugs to all!!  Happy MAY!!
B~
JodieBlonde
on 4/30/09 11:27 pm - Mesquite, TX
*Starting weight 164.4.  Goal for May will be to reach my surgeon's goal of 160.  Ten months out and be at goal?  HECK YEAH!!

*Exercise minimum of 3 times per week.  Walking, recorded program ..... just something that has me moving.

*Stick with getting 64-80 ozs of water EVERY day.

*Post on this topic each day to keep myself in check.  (Exemption 5/15-5/17 due to RYD Obesity Conference in Galveston)

*And the
BIGGIE - quit smoking.

I didn't change much from April to May.  April work well with the exception of the smoking thing.

Hope no ones minds, I started this same thing on the VSG board - there's always someone wanting accountability over there and this works for me, so I thought I'd try it over there.

gayetindel
on 5/1/09 12:24 am - Everman, TX

I am going to try to play .........

I need to be more accountable ------ SOOO  Here goes

GOALS
1.  Be accountable - come and reply at least twice a week

2.  Take vitamins daily - (for Debra)

3.  Exercise at least 3 x per week - I have really fallen off this part of the program

4.  Watch carb intake --

Not alot, but I need to start small and work my way back into this thing ----Thanks for being there -Gaye

Life is what you make of it! Enjoy when possible.
beckyhagens
on 5/1/09 1:00 am - New Braunfels, TX
Don’t’ know what I have planned for May but I am choking down my oatmeal! Lol   My standard would be to see a new low number but I don’t know if that will happen. I am at my lowest today of 152 and, of course I’d like to keep it going.   I will also ensure that I keep up with my vitamins ON THE WEEKENDS too. Water also. Seems when I don’t have it packed, even with it staring at me in the kitchen, I ignore it on the weekends.   I want to rediscover exercise. Hmmm.. got to think on that one.   Happy May everyone!

Becky

forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different

meggieintx
on 5/1/09 1:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
May Motivation...

Continue maintaining my weightloss
Limit carbs to a healthy level
Exercise some

Did okay in April except the regular exercise so I will try again this month!
Meggie
Megan 
timsdanni
on 5/1/09 2:19 am - Ft Stewart, GA
*lose 5 pounds 210-205
*keep working out consistantly - working the weight training hard-adding milage to walks
**learn to pack good foods with me all the time agian
*continue to plan not only dinners but my day for eating-knowing that I can change if I need/want to as long as I keep my food guildlines in mind
***keep recording foods- doing this body for life style - not fitday -if I eat according to plan and write it all down it looks a lot like the above plan and I only have to write it on my forms

I think I am editting to working weights hard to working upper body up from 15s n 20s to 30s n 35s that is the pounds of each dumbell-but will only do that if I can keep good form
so far doing good today with foods
have salad planned for lunch but it is 11 and I still have to run to costco for meds and sprouts for veggies - plus grab grocery ads n make a menu/shopping list for the rest of the week

hope everyone has a good day
Danni

Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views