I need support

katie0174
on 4/30/09 11:12 pm - brownsville, TX
I have surgery 5/4 at 7:30 a.m.!  woo hoo and Eeeekkkk!  

I need some pals for support after surgery!  Please send me an invite- I would soooooo appreciate it!

katie
Vivian Prouty
on 4/30/09 11:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Katie......I would love to be your friend and help to encourage and support you after your surgery.    Congratulations on your upcoming surgery on monday !!!   You will love your new life !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

cajungirl
on 4/30/09 11:17 pm
Hi Katie, sending prayers and happy thoughts to you.  Get ready it's wild and crazy, yet very exciting ride.  What type of surgery or you having?

Just a couple of words of advice/suggestions:  Take your pre-op pictures (front, back, side) and your measurements, you will want those later even if you don't want to know now.  Also back chap stick and a pillow for the ride home after surgery.

If you have any questions, ask someone here is usually around to help out when needed.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

katie0174
on 5/3/09 5:09 am - brownsville, TX
Hi there.  I am having the Roux NY by McDaniels.  Thanks for the support and advice.  I will reach out to you when I get home.  Pray for me please.  I want an uneventful recovery.

Katie
1texasmom
on 5/1/09 12:06 am
Hi, Katie!  Glad you posted.  You'll absolutely get support and make friends here. 

Sent you an invite. 

Tawnya

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 12:25 am

Hi Katie!  I'm excited for you and would happy to help in any way I can.  I'm glad you realize how important it is to have support during this process. 

Good luck with everything!

Barbara

DLM0507
on 5/1/09 1:00 am
Hi Katie!  I'm having my surgery on June 2nd but I will still support you however I can!

Side note - I live in Houston now but I am from Harlingen!

Diane
I am 5'8"
64 lost!!

Cruise Director Julie
on 5/1/09 4:04 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Prayers for a complication-free surgery and speedy recovery. The first few months are so crazy. Get ready for a wild ride!
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
Vicki V.
on 5/1/09 6:39 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the TMB.  I sent you a friend request.  Please tell us about you.  Who's your doctor?  What kind of surgery are you having?  And anything else you want to share. 

The TMB will give you lots of love and support.  The people on this board are kind, supportive, knowledgable and willing to share.  Feel free to ask anything you need to know or have questions about.  Don't worry about what anyone will think.  We're all pretty open and honest.  Just jump right in and enjoy the experience.  Remember, we've all been where you are. 
Vicki

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity... If knocked down, I will get back up, every time.  – U.S. Navy SEALs

Visit my blog Grams Made It

katie0174
on 5/3/09 5:12 am - brownsville, TX
Hello!  Dr McDaniels in Victoria is my surgeon.  I am having ROux N Y in the a.m. at 7- first of the morning.

I am really nervous.  I went to a group meeting THursday with a gal tha has had a really rough time.  I hope she recovers soon- but I hope more, that I don't have that type of recovery.

I have received advice so quickly from all of you.  thank you so much!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 92 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 402 views
Problem 15 yrs out
Gandadavis61971 · 4 replies · 1227 views