The NIGH****CHMAN 4/30, 5/1

George T.
on 4/30/09 12:51 pm, edited 5/1/09 1:10 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Good evening all.  Another day almost done.  Just have to make it through the night to celebrate a full day off.  From both jobs.  Of course, I will celebrate by going to the Ballpark.

Prayer requests are listed below.

I do ask that you keep me updated on requests.  Often.  Please. 

Also, please feel free to just visit here.  Tell us about how your day went.  Your successes.  Your failures.  Your fun.  Whatever.  When I post this thread, I do not have access to any chat programs, so this sometimes substitute as that vessel for me.

Continue to keep your thoughts and prayers for the members of our Armed Forces serving around the world, especially during this time of increased awareness.  Please thank God for these men and women every day.  In addition, please keep the wives and family members in your thoughts.

Three wonderful people - Ramon, Yvonne, and Debra - are having their conference in May (15-17) in Galveston.  Prayers for a successful weekend of paying it forward.

PEOPLE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT:

Brad - my son
Jennifer - (Cruise Director Julie)
Nina

Those who are not yet unemployed, but layoffs are looming

Brenda F.  - has some hernias.

Cindy Mc - a coworker has a 5 yr old son who was diagnosed at 3 with Metastatic Retinoblastoma.  He lost his right eye, but through chemo and radiation it was thought the cancer was gone.  It is back and spreading in his brain.
  There is no cure and they are treating him with some oral Chemo medication right now. I am just asking that you pray for Isaac Xavuer Vasques-Grimmett. He is a precious little boy who has been through a whole lot of difficult times in his 5 short years. We are praying for a miracle but if we can't get that... For God's mercy and grace to keep this precious little boy and his family from suffering too much.

Debra - in hospital, a stroke was ruled out, but still looking for answers as to what put her in the hospital.

Gina J. - Pray for her 6 year old Marina, diagnosed with a terminal illness at age 2.
 She has improved, but still needs our prayers.  Pray for this brave little girl.

Jodie (Jodieblonde) - asking prayers for her friend Melissa and her family.  Melissa's mother is in the end stage of Alzheimers and the family has been called together.

Karen (Misty750342002) - A friend of Karen's from work (who is like a son to her), Dustin Murphy, is 24 years old and has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.

Stephanie (tickledpink) - friend, Dutch, was in a motorcycle accident.  Arm broken in 3 places, surgery on 4/27.

Vicki V.  - husband Patrick continues to have health problems.  Awaiting results from neurological testing.

Vanessa - We have all followed the story of Elizabeth.  Here is her Caringbridge page:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elizabethdunford

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

George T.
on 4/30/09 1:11 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Did want to mention that I had bloodwork done yesterday at my doc's appointment.  Just one minor problem.  Liver enzymes.  Will have an ultrasound on Thursday (5/7).  See what happens from there.

Here are my results:

The results of your recent tests are explained below:
Kidney Tests: Good -- no changes needed
Electrolytes: Good -- no changes needed
Liver Tests: Abnormal
DIABETIC TESTS: Blood Glucose (Sugar) Normal. No evidence of Diabetes
Hemoglobin A1C:
Average Glucose:
Blood Glucose: 98

Lipid Studies: Excellent
Total cholesterol: 132
Triglyceride Total: 55
LDL: 61
HDL: 60
Complete Blood Count:  Normal.
PSA:  1.8 Normal.

b12 LEVEL: Normal
Comments: George- Everything looks pretty good except for a mild elevation in your live enzymes. I am ordering an ultrasound of
your abdomen. I think this will probably be ok.  If it is normal, I want you to not drink any alcohol or take any tylenol for
one month and repeat the blood test. My nurses will be contacting you. If you have any questions, please call us.  Thank you for
allowing me to care for your healthcare needs.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Jill P
on 4/30/09 2:32 pm - Katy, TX
Hey there George....
Looks like your labs are just fine!  Good deal!

Well, we've had a very annoying past couple days.  Paul was really sick Tuesday.  With all this yap about the swine flu, I took him to his doc.  Doc said he had the flu, but not "THE" flu.  Still, very scary.  Doc told him the same thing that everyone else has been saying...wash, wash, wash your hands, especially after being in public places.  He said "when you go to the grocery store and they offer those Clorax wipes, take one and wipe off the cart, then wipe your hands with one of those wipes as well.  Of course anytime you touch something that everyone else does (door knob, bathroom lock, toilet handle for flushing, light switch, hand rail, elevator buttons, etc.), it's a good idea to use hand sanitizer.  Good grief, almost to the point of being paranoid anymore!  So anyway, we got through that thankfully as he finally went back to work today.  He had made an appt. for my Suburban to go in and get an oil change, state inspection, rotate tires, etc.  at the dealership.  They had a couple of good coupons ($10 oil change!!!) so he opted to do it all there.  Ok, great.  I, of course, then had to take the car over there as he was sick.  One of the guys grumbled about having to drive me back to Katy (they usually only go out no more than 10 miles and to my house was an additional 3 miles) but my service writer guy said it was no biggy and not to worry about it.  Later in the day I called because no one called to say it was done and after having the guy paged a million times, finally was told the car would be done in 30 min.  By late in the afternoon, Paul was well enough to drive so I took him there and dropped him off so he could wait for it while I drove back and got the kids to church.  Found out from him later they tried charging him over $100 for a repair that we didn't authorize so that didn't make me too happy.  We asked them to look at it and agreed they would CALL us to let us know the price.  After waiting for over an hour, Paul finally got the car back and found out it didn't pass inspection.  WHAT?!?  They said the power steering was leaking fluid and that made it fail, along with not having some little lightbulb over the back license plate (it burned out apparently) and one other tiny lightbulb somewhere in the car.  The cost to get it up to par....an additional $700!!!  Paul said, "uh, sorry, we're going to check around, just give me my car".  Paul called our mechanic and asked him what he thought of it since we had just had a 100,000 mile tune-up like a month ago and nothing was leaking then.  He had me bring the car in and he put it up on the lift.  NO LEAK!  He said there was an old leak from somewhere but whatever fluid it was had dirt on it (so it wasn't fresh).  Bottom line... car dealerships are hurting for money because apparently no one is buying a car and they certainly are not running to the dealerships to get things fixed so they are not passing vehicles so then you'll fix them there.  The lightbulbs, for example, the dealership could change them out for $67.  Our mechanic did both for $24.95!  He told Paul, "from now on, only have inspections done at a place that basically does minimal stuff (like oil changes or tires) because they have nothing to gain by telling you to get something major repaired if they don't do that type of work.  Our guy told Paul that is one reason he purposely doesn't do inspections so there is no question, EVER, that they are failing cars just to get repair work.  WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!!!!  Oh, then on top of that, my battery died.  AUGH!!!!!!!!    Soooo, needless to say, it's been a very draining couple of days for us!  Glad April is over....

Ok, sorry for the "book" everyone!!!!!  .  Just needed to VENT!!!
Jill P. 
288/162/145
9-21-04

George T.
on 4/30/09 2:39 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Vent all you want.  I'm just happy we are here with a place so you can vent.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 3:05 pm
THERE YOU ARE! i was just emailing you! Im car shoping my self.. and you would think its a buyers market.. no they are still the biggest butt wipes i have ever encountered!!! Ridiculous!!!! Hope tomorrow is better for both of us. Been dealing wit one of 'our' headaches fo the last 2 days and am at wits end with it!!!
Love ya girl, and you know you can whine to me anything you need to!!
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Cruise Director Julie
on 4/30/09 3:23 pm - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Evening George;

Not much to report here. Another day of job hunting strategy and making sure all of my ducks are in a row.

Michael comes home from Atlanta tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that even though I've done better this week alone than I expected.

Enjoy your day at the ball park tomorrow.
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
George T.
on 4/30/09 3:58 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
It is really weird looking at people's avatars.   I know I am strange, but I see each person that I don't see often, as their avatar is.  You are smiling and happy in your avatar, but to read some of your posts you are down.  (I told you I am strange).

I am so glad you are attacking the job hunt in a serious manner.  And really attacking it. 

Enjoy your reunion with Michael.  Try to stop by anyway. 

(I know you have a lot of time because of the job situation, but it sure is nice to see you back on the NW every night).

Lastly.  I can't help but enjoy myself at the Ballpark.  It's a law I think.  You must enjoy yourself when attending a baseball game of any level.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Vicki V.
on 5/1/09 6:23 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Hi George,

I was trying to send you an update on Patrick last night when my wireless modem died.  I just replaced it so I'm up an running again.  Now for the update.  We still have no results from last week's tests, but the neurologist has ordered another test for next week.  I didn't go the the doctor with Patrick so I'm not sure what the test is; he said he didn't understand what the doctor said.  Rest assured I will be going with him from now on.  In addition to all that, he's been home all week with bronchitis.  Hopefully, he'll be over that within another day or two.  Thanks for keeping him on the prayer list. 
Vicki

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity... If knocked down, I will get back up, every time.  – U.S. Navy SEALs

Visit my blog Grams Made It

George T.
on 5/1/09 1:12 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Decided to just do a weekend edition and do the editing on Sunday night. 

Just got in from the Ballpark.  A loss.  Darn.

Son has a couple of nibbles for jobs.  One he ran into today by accident, looks promising.  He also has an interview on Monday with UHaul.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 408 views