yummy lunch

timsdanni
on 4/30/09 6:11 am - Ft Stewart, GA
took about 1/4 an onion, 1 stalk of celery and a couple of mushrooms and nuked them till tender - 4 mins or so

mixed that plus
1 cup wheat berrys - use brown rice
1 cup chopped left over chicken - pork is good too as is roast
1/4 cup or so of left over gravey

put into something that micorwaves well and top with cheese - warm though and enjoy

btw - this made enough for Tim and I for lunch plus a snack for me - aprox 1/2 a cup filled me UP
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 6:44 am
youre gonna soooooo love this. Ok so yall know per mom's docs orders she's to loose 20lbs, She's lost over 10 and im really proud of her.  She goes to curvew 5-6 days/week and takes line dancing at the St center 3 days a week when she's not working. When working she still does curvews.  So when we go food shopping together im always looking at labels etc. So seh says i can look at thoe labels, but i dunno whta they mean. So she was wanting some cold cereal. So i got her 'loralea's got food' - the Kashi go lean, not the flakes but the other one . ANd i had a coupie so it was all good. Its low fat way hight in protein, low in carbs and actually taste good!
So when i was down there, she was telling me about this cereal a co worker was eating and the lady was telling mom she should try it coz it was good for you and all this. Mom says politely, im sure its great, but i have to check with my dietition before i can have it (ROFLMAO) - meaning ME lol.  I was sooooo cracking up on this.  She has no become the cheese stick queen for snack, treaded regular coke for coke zero, crrystal light, munches on no salt mixed nuts etc. 
She was on one of her ole people trips, adn they stopped at the Russell stover outlet and she whips out the cell to call and ask WHAT SHE COULD HAVE!!!!! i was on the dang floor with that one! lololol.
But cant you just see her telling her co worker, i cant try that till its cleared by my dietition. The lady didnt realize it was ME! Oh and BTW the cereat was.. APPLE JACKS!!!! lolol

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

timsdanni
on 4/30/09 6:56 am - Ft Stewart, GA
ok so somebody tell me HOW apple jacks are healthy and good for you - btw have you introducted her to kashi hot ceral - we get the vanilla - yummo, has a little sugar but not bad and LOTS of whole grain type goodness

my newest adiction is peach tea CL LOL drank 2 litters of it already today and thinking I need another one - plus my 3 reg litters of water
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 7:02 am
I KNOW, right!! She said the literally took ONE piece of it and it was so sweet she said she KNEW it coudlnt be good for her lol. I havent gotten the hot cereat coz i dont like it but she llikes hot so i will get some for her. She can do sugar so will have to get her some. She's down to one Zero a day and thats only on the days she works
She's a big iced drinker (with splenda) and will drink crystal lite at my place. and im getting her hooked on Crystal lite now too.  She carries the lil straw packets in her purse so when we are out and grab a bottle of water she has something.  She's doin good. already cut the BP meds and things like that.  She's about Loraleas height.. so 10-20ls makes a huge diff!

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Deb *.
on 4/30/09 7:18 am
But but but.... It SAYS Apple in the name!!!  It has to be nutritious!  They CAN"T lie in advertising can they??  No no tell me it's not true!!  I want to eat my Apple Jacks for a fruit serving!!!

LOL

Debbi

meggieintx
on 4/30/09 7:08 am - Fort Worth, TX

Apple Jacks good for you!?!?! That's like when my Grandfather's maid convinced him bologna was good for him--and he was a Doctor!! Go figure!! I have been helping Ken with his diet(last fasting blood sugar was 295!) and he has yet to call me and ask about good choices! He does ask after if what he chose was good--too late for it to matter!!However he has lost 26lbs!!

Meggie

Megan 
Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 7:10 am
isnt that hysterical!!! At least she will check in before eating something like that lol.  I cracked up!! I was like MOM thats KIDS cereal!!!! She goes well i had one of those lil things nad it was sooooo sweet i knew it was wrong lolololol
it was hysterical. I dont mind her checking in with me.. she's learing about the labels and stuff and what the #'s mean.  And i have had to tell her more than once, dont wear that, its TOO BIG!.. so its going well!

Vicki V.
on 4/30/09 8:06 am - Corpus Christi, TX
This reminds me of a story.  Many years ago when I was going to Weigh****chers we had a new lady join.  She lost weight pretty good for the first week or two but then her loss mysteriously stopped.  One night during the meeting, the leader had us go around the room and tell what our favorite vegetable to eat on the diet was.  This lady said her favorite vegetable was OLIVES.  Turns out she was eating a large jar of olives every day!  When the instructor told her that olives do not count as vegetables, she replied, "Why not?  They're green!"  Seriously, we all rolled with laughter. 
Vicki

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity... If knocked down, I will get back up, every time.  – U.S. Navy SEALs

Visit my blog Grams Made It

Liz_G_Tx
on 4/30/09 8:17 am
oh dear lord! lol at least i have 'trained' mom on teh basics of labels and if she's in doubt, she calls lol. Usually if im there on the weekends, we go to the store together to get her food for lunhes and such during the week so that helps.  She's called me more than once at 830-9pm saying she's wants a snack and what can she have lol
Me' you can have a protein snack, i boiled some eggs while i was there, or nuts, or cheese etc etc etc.
OHhhhhhh ok.. t hanks, talk to you later then lol.
Im just glad she's making such a wonderful efford.  Its definately paying off with the BP meds and cholestrol meds and such.  She really enjoyes curves (which just cracks me up) and is always telling me how my curves dollars she has accumulated l Hey im all for it ya know lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 92 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 402 views
Problem 15 yrs out
Gandadavis61971 · 4 replies · 1227 views