One step down...

abejita
on 5/2/09 11:37 am - dallas, TX
I completed one of my surgeon's requirements this week.  I had to do a sleep study, even though I have no signs of sleep apnea.  I am still waiting on insurance approval.  It should come any day now, since I submitted the request just about 3 weeks ago.  I was originally going to wait to do the sleep study until the approval came in, but I figured since the insurance covered the study, I would go ahead and do it and that would be one less thing after approval.  The bed at the study was horribly uncomfortable and it was sub zero in there.  Consiquently, I didn't move all night and my back was killing me when I left in the morning and has continued to do so all week.

I have also decided to pursue appeals if I do not initially get approval for my vsg.  I had thought that I would just go with the RNY if the VSG was denied, but I now think that I will at least do an appeal or two.

Keep you fingers crossed for a fast easy approval...I am so ready for this!

Mary
Amanda Roberson
on 5/2/09 11:39 am - Houston, TX
Mary  -- Keeping my fingers crossed that they approve you the first time around! :)

151lbs lost since surgery.  36lbs pre-surgery !
Total today is = 187lbs lost !!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 12:40 pm
I hated my sleep study too.  One of the sensors kept coming off and the guy that was monitoring me had to keep coming in to adjust it. 

Plus, I couldn't stop thinking about the camera.  And I had to knock on the wall when I needed to get up to pee and I'm sure other people there trying to sleep didn't enjoy that.  And I went on a Friday night and had to force myself to try to go to sleep at 10:00.  I didn't feel like I slept all night yet they determined I had "many" episodes per hour. 

I'm sure there were other things I didn't like about it but that horrid memory has faded with time. 

In any case, I don't have sleep apnea anymore.  :)
jwinrrtx
on 5/2/09 11:04 pm - Round Rock, TX
Good luck, Mary!!  Keep us posted.  The insurance approval part drove me crazy! LOL

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

I_love_my_soldier
on 5/3/09 12:13 am - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
Good luck Mary! I know the whole process is overwhelming, but good results are in store for you! I had my doubts of ever having surgery and I just had my surgery 2 days ago.
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views