3 days Post Op & Have Questions!!

I_love_my_soldier
on 5/2/09 11:52 pm - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
Hello Everyone! 
I have a few questions. I guess I am nervous. Thursday morning I had my surgery. My surgeon said it went great and infact, it went so smooth I was her first patient not to need a drainage port.... (????). Well, I came home yesterday and I had a problem the with the gas even though I walked and walked and WALKED. I keep spitting up "STUFF" and the gas is pretty much gone, but I have sharp pains in my chest/upper stomach. I get heartburn, and when I move a certain way I really feel those pains. I am sure it is my new pouch, but you know I am nervous and I have to have confirmation! I am sipping crystal light, it is about all I can stomach. I am still nauseas as can be. Also, has anyone had jitters? For the last 2 days I have been so jittery like i just drank a few cups of coffee. I cannot sit still, I feel like my heart is racing, I cannot sleep, and I am anxious. BUT- I did lose 7 lbs already. YAY. LOL. Thank you in advance for your help! 
Michele

Mommy to Ethan Lane 12/3/03 weighing 4lbs 11oz 17 3/4"

& Zachary Logan 5/12/07 weighing 3lbs 4oz 16"

& Gavin Liam Due 3/18/11 born 2/3/11 weighing 3lbs 15oz 17" 

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

Stephanie G.
on 5/3/09 12:07 am - Rowlett, TX
I can't answer specifics about your surgery cuz I had the RNY but I do know that GAS can cause terrible shoulder and chest pain.  I had my hubby BURP me like a baby and that helped a lot.  I sipped on one ounce of protein per hour and that helped a lot too.  If the nausea is bad, call and get a RX for Phenergan from your doctor.  If you're not able to keep your liquids down, you need to call and let her know so you don't get dehydrated.  Keep those questions coming, that's what we're here for.

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

vickie O.
on 5/3/09 12:09 am - amarillo, TX
i would contact my doc. since u aren't eating anything i doubt if u are experiencing dumping, so call the doc, that is what they are for and they want to know if u are in distress.  good luck to u

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

ttambo
on 5/3/09 12:36 am - Galveston, TX
Call your surgeon's office and get someone on the phone......it could be nothing but you would much rather be safe than sorry.

Keep walking and sipping!!!!

back in Galveston
Current Galveston weather from the Weather Channel

“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm?
Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
John Wayne

OH Support Group Leader

BrookeK
on 5/3/09 12:50 am, edited 5/3/09 12:51 am - Arlington, TX
Michelle,
Did you have VSG surgery (your profile says VGB...totally different surgery)?  If so, we don't have a "pouch" we have a fully functioning smaller stomach.  Right now it is very swollen.  Make sure the sips you are taking a small ones, like sipping a fine wine!  The sharp pain you are feeling could be gas, but sharp shoulder pain is also associated with a leak.  Did you doctor do a leak test?

Also, are you taking a PPI, like Nexium or Prilosec?  If not, ask you doctor about that as well.  It is important to keep the acid under control while your staple line is healing.

Bottom line is, please call your Doctor (immediately, if you are running fever).

Brooke K
 I am 5'4" tall

I_love_my_soldier
on 5/3/09 1:35 am - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
I had laproscopic bypass. I had a barium study done to check for leaks, and all was good. They said I was still very swollen. I had the phenegran but it made me throw up and dry heave. I have been doing tons of walking and sipping, but still pain. Not sure if the pain is normal. It is like a gas pain but it comes and goes and it is in my chest/upper stomach, around my sturnum. I did not think I had any more gas in me. sooo confused. LOL
timsdanni
on 5/3/09 3:27 am - Ft Stewart, GA
phenegran comes in supposityorys - hey sounds yuck but post op anything you can get in avoiding the tummy/pouch is GOOD

call the doc and let us know what is up

hugs and welcome to the losers bench
Danni
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Teena C.
on 5/3/09 11:38 pm - Crandall, TX
I would call your surgeon just so she is aware of how you are feeling.  I know when I was in the hospital I was told anything pain that the pain medicine didn't take away was gas pain.  Have you tried Gas X strips?  That was a staple for me the first week after surgery.

I_love_my_soldier
on 5/3/09 11:55 pm - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
I will try gas x strips! I called the dr and they were concerened that I still have the shakes really bad. I keep feeling faint. They told me to up my diet to creamy liquids with calories. Milk, creamy soups, etc. So I am drinking milk. Shaking is calming, but I still feel like I had 12 cups of coffee.
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views