May Motivation Monday

Karla Lewis
on 5/3/09 9:08 pm - Livingston, TX
It's a little easier for me to get motivated if I'm off track on a Monday for some reason...old "diet" mindset...if any lurkers want to bash me for it...do it in your head...not online...we all have our "bad habits" or quirks...

I'm down a lb. from May 1, that's w/o putting extra effort into it, so that's a good thing!  I already got up and exercised this morning, so Yeah me!

Plan for today:
Lots of liquids
2 protein drinks
Lean Cuisine frozen dinner for lunch
Quesadillas w/ leftover steak for dinner

I took my vits/supplements and have already downed 1 protein drink and am working on a 24 oz. glass of water.

What's your motivation?
What's your plan for today?

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

gayetindel
on 5/3/09 11:25 pm - Everman, TX
This is my first day of working my new regular shift  1pm to 1 am  so we will just have to see how it goes!!!! It is going to be an adjustment because I like to go to bed around 9:30 - so.... we will see.

Plan to drink, drink, drink - fluids are what I am having the most problem with at work - Eating is going well (no time for snacks) and exercise, ----just have to find the time on work days.

I am down 2 lbs today - was up 7 from lowest weight, so it is slowly coming down.

Thanks for keeping me accountable - Gaye
 Life is what you make of it! Enjoy when possible.
timsdanni
on 5/4/09 12:35 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I ate breakfast before having all my meals planned out but did ok anyhow - been to the gym - weight is down from 210 to 209 with a goal of 205 by the end of the month

Karla I  really need this - it keeps me acountable
foods for today
oatmeal with cottage cheese and fruit
super shake- 1/2
left over taco salad with spinich
chicken salad with baby carrots
apple, cheese and bar
chicken, apple, onion pizza
cottage cheese and fruit
super shake 1/2

I know myslef and the time at the gym plus Rach nursing will equal me being starving feeling all day - so I will keep up my water and make sure I am eating -

Danni
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Cruise Director Julie
on 5/4/09 12:54 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
May Goals:
1. Workout 5x/week unless I start losing too much weight again. Then I'll have to adjust to keep the weight in check.
2. Last week Wednesday, I could barely eke out 100 crunches with 40 lbs. on my shoulders. Today, I did 220. By the end of the month, I'd like to be at 700. And hopefully, I'll have awesome little contours to show for it.
3. Do something that brings me joy each day.

I'm not a weekend workout person unless I have to be, so I haven't been to the gym since Friday. I've got a 12:15 group fitness class today, so I'll be there today working everything but still improving my abs.

Saturday, I had my monthly social club luncheon. I was very anxious before it and didn't want to go. I feel like I've let everyone down by being laid off. I'm glad I forced myself to go because everyone was so wonderful and I even picked up a couple leads. So, while it didn't seem like it upfront, it ended up being a joyful experience.

Yesterday, we got a couple hours in on the Harley touring Hill Country. It's very freeing, but I'm finding it gives me too much time in my own head. It was still enjoyable, but I need to find a better balance.
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
JodieBlonde
on 5/4/09 1:08 am - Mesquite, TX
My goals for May are:

*Starting weight 164.4.  Goal for May will be to reach my surgeon's goal of 160.  Ten months out and be at goal?  HECK YEAH!!  This morning weighing in at 165.2 - gotta get back to better eating habits - the weekend was horrible!!!  Not necessarily the choices, but to few calories and not enough protein.

*Exercise minimum of 3 times per week.  Walking, recorded program ..... just something that has me moving.  
Going to plan on a 3 mile walk today if the weather stays cooperative. 

*Stick with getting 64-80 ozs of water EVERY day. 
Not a good water day yesterday

*Post on this topic each day to keep myself in check.  (Exemption 5/15-5/17 due to RYD Obesity Conference in Galveston)  This one is easy - SUCCESS! 

*And the
BIGGIE - quit smoking. Work in progress.

beckyhagens
on 5/4/09 3:21 am - New Braunfels, TX

i'm here and working it.  I am actually hungry today.  I think it might be the new oatmeal I tried this morning.  Me thinks it's too much sugar.  But if I need to eat, I need to eat.  Trying to keep the fat intake down,  like leaving off any mayo at all on my bread.  Man, that means chew chew chew.

Hoping Mom jacked my scale yesterday. She moved it around last night and sometimes that makes the scale read WRONG (I hope).  Saw 155.4 this morning Damnit.

water water water, protein and fiber carbs..

Have a great day everyone.

Becky

forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different

timsdanni
on 5/4/09 3:38 am - Ft Stewart, GA
Becky are you telling me that kicking the scale all over the bathroom and jumping on and off in each corner to see if it is telling me the truth might not be good for it LOL
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 408 views