Here at the new place!

Deb *.
on 5/2/09 8:29 am
I'm SOOOOOO tired!  Go figure, LOL.  Well we had a very productive couple of days.  Yesterday we got all our computers (6 of them) and our big TV moved in.  Got the TV/internet/phone installed and working with AT&T, dropped Leo and Nigel off at Danni's, then went home to the old place and crashed.

Movers showed up at 8:30, had the whole apartment loaded into the truck by 9:30 and into the finished at the new place at 12.  I've managed (with some help) to get my kitchen mostly put away.  We've cleared off the sofa and have a kind of living room with lots of boxes stacked around.  We've got to get the shelves set up so we can set up our storage area, but that may be a job for tomorrow.

The only other things we must do tonight is finish unloading my car, and make the bed.  I'm hoping my ankle holds out that long, it's very unhappy with me at the moment and I'm seriously considering a pain pill soon.  I've discovered when I'm very tired my ankle is the place that lets me know.

Had some/several fun wow moments over the last couple of days.  The last time I moved (before surgery) all I could do was ride around in my chair and direct things.  This time I'm doing all sorts of stuff.  I've gone up and down the stairs multiple times without being winded or my heart trying to beat out of my chest.  I've crawled around on the floor to put stuff away and run cables.  I climbed up on a chair to put stuff away in my absurdly tall cabinets (and the chair didn't break!!). 

Phew, ok gotta finish up my few tasks so I can rest!

Debbi

jwinrrtx
on 5/2/09 8:32 am - Round Rock, TX

You never fail to warm my heart & make me smile.  Glad things are going well.  Prop up that ankle & get some rest.

Love & hugs,

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

charlenecarlile
on 5/2/09 9:34 am - Mansfield, TX
Godd bless you and jeff and your new home! I hope youmguys will be blissfully happy while you are there!
XOXO
Charlene

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ~R. Weeakes
timsdanni
on 5/2/09 9:41 am - Ft Stewart, GA
pretty cool stuff this being able to DO stuff!!!
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

mxekin65
on 5/2/09 10:41 pm
I 2nd Danni on what she said!!!

Love you girlie!!

Blessings,

Nina
Most Active
Recent Topics