Friday's labs.........

Phyllis M.
on 5/5/09 7:45 am - Irving, TX

Doc just called.

VIT D  too low..........calling in RX ......1 pill   1x a week !!    HOW BIG ARE THOSE THINGS GONNA BE?  

I asked how long I'll be taking these......they said until I'm told NOT to !! lol

Imagine that !!  

((Huggsss)))) 

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Deedles
on 5/5/09 7:47 am, edited 5/5/09 7:47 am - Highlands, TX
I hope he's giving you a dry D3, that seems to be the Vit D of choice for upping the levels.  Only 1 a week? Yikes!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

cajungirl
on 5/5/09 8:26 am
Good girl you are learning quick and will know what to do when/if you need it.  Definitely D3 in dry form.  As for 1 per week, if they are giving her 50000 in one dosage that's probably sufficient.  I currently take 10000 - 15000 per day.  When I drop it my bones hurt which was the indication I got initially that my D was on the low side.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Deedles
on 5/5/09 8:28 am - Highlands, TX
I'm trying!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

Phyllis M.
on 5/6/09 12:42 am - Irving, TX

I called the nurse back

Results:   13   = range:  30-60.  YIKIES   

They called m in a pill.......VIT D  50,000 IU.............my bones aren't hurting.....but after reading the article in the link that you sent to me (Thank you BTW)  That would explain why I"m sluggish and little depressed.etc.........

I loved what the article said............I LOVE MILK - but since WLS - I haven't made drinking MILK a priority.  I use to drink 4-5 glasses a day........now - lucky 1 a month  if that !!  lol

I also loved the part of the article that recommends 30 min a day in the direct sunlight...........
I don't know about where you are....but there hasn't been much SUN at all for weeks now.....I knew the weather being yucky was a factor - but I've really noticed a difference in my moods since WLS and NO SUN...............etc.

Love you !!
See in ya Galveston !! 

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  

Akc Crazy
on 5/5/09 7:55 am - Bedford, TX

I had the same results.  Mine are being called in today.  I read about it and it sounds like Vit D being low is common for people with malabsorbtion issues.  I have a pill cutter so I'm not worried about the size.

Annette 
Highest 254/ Current 173.5/ Goal 145
"One day at a time."

cajungirl
on 5/5/09 8:24 am
Phyllis, if it's not D3 in DRY form you are wasting your time and your money.  Find out what your number is for D3 first and then you can see what route to go on how much to take.  I suggest D3 from Vitalady because she has different doses but you can find D3 at GNC and I recently saw it at CVS in DRY form.  Depending on how low it is will dictate how much you need to take.

cajungirl
on 5/5/09 8:27 am
Here's something to read on D if you are so inclined:  http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

Phyllis M.
on 5/6/09 12:13 am - Irving, TX
Thank you -  I don't have a clue......as a matter of fact - I didn't ask what the level was - nor do I know what "normal" is.........I think I may be the one / only and/or the first for my PCP's office for RNY patients....not sure on that though..................I'll call back today and find out and find out what they are calling me in. 

Most Active
Recent Topics