Anyone work for Compass Bank?

Larissa P.
on 5/4/09 4:12 am - Denton, TX
Recruiters are starting to call now that I've updated my Monster and CareerBuilder accounts.

Compass Bank has a temp to hire job - not taking it unless I can confirm the benifits. I think I will do this with each job offer (there are a lot of them for my type of job, THAT is fortunate).

Anyone work for them or know someone who does?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Shalena M.
on 5/4/09 10:40 am
Normally I go to the lap band forum and read the message board there, but today I decided to look up the Texas forum. Yes, I do work for BBVA Compass. I have been with them for 6 1/2 years now. What type of questions do you have?
Larissa P.
on 5/4/09 10:47 am - Denton, TX
Do they cover WLS in their health care plan?

Shalena M.
on 5/4/09 10:57 am
Yes they do. It was fairly easy for me to get qualified considering I am young and have no weigt related health problems. The insurance company they use is United Healthcare.
Larissa P.
on 5/4/09 11:17 am - Denton, TX
Thank you for your response, I may just look into employment with them! Wish me luck.

sricheybc
on 5/4/09 12:01 pm
RNY on 03/30/09 with
Hi, Larissa!

I work for BBVA Compass, too.  The only thing that I see that might be an issue for you is that when I went through the approval process they required you to be employed for 18 months before you can be approved.  However, our benefit year just started over on April 1, and it's possible that has changed.  I will check on that for you tomorrow.  Also, you need to make sure that the doctor you choose is in network for United Healthcare.  There is no coverage available for out of network doctors.  That is one reason my approval took a little longer--the first doctor I went to was out of network.  Other than those two things it is a great company to work for, and our insurance coverage (both medical and dental) is awesome.  Good luck to you!

Stephanie  253/241/169/155

Larissa P.
on 5/6/09 6:38 am - Denton, TX
Hmmm, thanks for the heads up.

Batwingsman
on 5/4/09 12:38 pm - Garland, TX
Larissa ..  I thought you were going to use Dr. Stewart???   

Why did you change to that other doc?    Did your insurance not cover DS and you have to cash pay?   

Please tell me you're not going to use Dr. H.   Haven't you seen the horror stories posted on the DS forum by some of his past U.S. patients?     You're much safer with Dr. Ungson, Dr. Marchesini, or my doc .. , and their rates are just as low, if if not lower ..

Good luck on the bank work, btw ..      

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Larissa P.
on 5/6/09 6:51 am - Denton, TX
Dr Stewart is and has always been my first choice. I was going to Dr Huacuz if I had to self-pay. However, I had to cancel due to my lay off notice. Cannot spend $12k if I don't know when I'll work again. :(

Batwingsman
on 5/6/09 2:40 pm - Garland, TX
  ((((Larissa))))        So many folks I know seem to be in the same boat of late, including my own brother ...  He lost BOTH of his jobs in April, one of which he had worked at for 7 years ..      Last weekend he told me he literally didn't have a dime on him ..  He's been looking so hard for something, even had a few interviews, but nothing still ..     Scary stuff ..   

What kind of work do you do, or are you looking for?     Maybe another TMBer might have some lead(s) for ya .. 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 93 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 402 views
Problem 15 yrs out
Gandadavis61971 · 4 replies · 1227 views