The NIGH****CHMAN 5/4

George T.
on 5/4/09 9:50 am, edited 5/4/09 2:54 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Good evening all.  Where do I start?

First, let me thank Jill, Liz, Jen and Phyllis for "dropping by" last night.  Really enjoyed it.  Need more of the same tonight.  Anyone who wants to, chime in.  I need to try to stay awake, as I only got about 3 hours of sleep total today, and it was spread out. 

Second, my son is no longer unemployed.  Praise God!!!  He went to the first interview, at 8AM.  For a GM position.  They told him it would be for a trainee slot, at $10 an hour.  He would basically become a GM once someone was fired or quit.  He did not like the sounds of it, but he needs something.  At noon, he headed towards the second interview.  He was told to be there at 1PM.  He was there by 12:30.  At 12:40 he called and told me he got the job.  He said he walked in and the gal at the desk is the spouse of the guy doing the interview.  She said to him "I need your drivers license and social security card so I can start your personnel file.  Then he went into the interview and was told by the guy that he had been incorrect, he can only start him at $13 an hour and he needs him to start tomorrow.  But they will review in 90 days.  It was then that they started discussing the job.  Brad is excited to have this burden lifted off  his shoulders.

Prayer requests are listed below.

I do ask that you keep me updated on requests.  Often.  Please. 

Also, please feel free to just visit here.  Tell us about how your day went.  Your successes.  Your failures.  Your fun.  Whatever.  When I post this thread, I do not have access to any chat programs, so this sometimes substitute as that vessel for me.

Continue to keep your thoughts and prayers for the members of our Armed Forces serving around the world, especially during this time of increased awareness.  Please thank God for these men and women every day.  In addition, please keep the wives and family members in your thoughts.

Three wonderful people - Ramon, Yvonne, and Debra - are having their conference in May (15-17) in Galveston.  Prayers for a successful weekend of paying it forward.

PEOPLE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT:

James - Phyllis' "friend"
Jennifer
- (Cruise Director Julie)
Nina

Those who are not yet unemployed, but layoffs are looming

Brenda F.  - has some hernias.

Cindy Mc - a coworker has a 5 yr old son who was diagnosed at 3 with Metastatic Retinoblastoma.  He lost his right eye, but through chemo and radiation it was thought the cancer was gone.  It is back and spreading in his brain.
  There is no cure and they are treating him with some oral Chemo medication right now. I am just asking that you pray for Isaac Xavuer Vasques-Grimmett. He is a precious little boy who has been through a whole lot of difficult times in his 5 short years. We are praying for a miracle but if we can't get that... For God's mercy and grace to keep this precious little boy and his family from suffering too much.

Debra - has a couple of tests on 5/5 to try and determine complete cause of her problems.

Gina J. - Pray for her 6 year old Marina, diagnosed with a terminal illness at age 2.
 She has improved, but still needs our prayers.  Pray for this brave little girl.

Jodie (Jodieblonde) - asking prayers for her friend Melissa and her family.  Melissa's mother is in the end stage of Alzheimers and the family has been called together.  Also prayers for Raymond's best friend's dad and his family.  He is in the last stages of cancer.

Karen (Misty750342002) - A friend of Karen's from work (who is like a son to her), Dustin Murphy, is 24 years old and has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.

Stephanie (tickledpink) - friend, Dutch, was in a motorcycle accident.  Arm broken in 3 places, surgery on 4/27.

Vicki V.  - husband Patrick continues to have health problems.  Awaiting results from neurological testing. More tests are upcoming this week.

Vanessa (Butterfly Reborn) - requests prayer for her family.  There were no specifics, but I am sure the Lord knows.

Vanessa - We have all followed the story of Elizabeth.  Here is her Caringbridge page:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elizabethdunford

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Sandi B.
on 5/4/09 10:40 am - Haltom City, TX
YAYYYYYYYYYYY BRAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Sandi* 
*Strength... it's inside, beside, behind and all around me*

JodieBlonde
on 5/4/09 10:46 am - Mesquite, TX

Hi George,

Thanks for keeping my friend Melissa on the prayer list.  Her mother is still barely hanging on.  It's so tough on the family, I know all the prayers are appreciated.

We spent yesterday visiting with Raymond's best friend's dad who is end-stage with cancer.  It was a really hard day.  We are as close to "Pops" are we are our own parents.  He was telling everyone good-bye and begging for them to "turn everything off", bless his heart - he isn't on any type of medical equipment, not even an IV.  They are keeping him comfortable and now have meds to help when he gets aggitated.

And Raymond and his chest pains - are going to drive me to drink!!  Cardiologist wants to do an arterial catheter something or another on Friday.  Hopefully we'll get some kind of definitive answer .... I don't know how many more tests are left to do to a heart!

Congrats to your son on landing a job - hope others on our list find one soon as well.

cajungirl
on 5/4/09 11:32 am
Jodie, I knew Raymond was having some health concerns didn't realize he was having such difficulties, hope the docs figure out what's going on for him.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

cajungirl
on 5/4/09 11:32 am
Hi George, quick hope on this evening then I'm off to read and hopefully fall to sleep early.  Life has been so busy and I'm not feeling my best nor doing the best with eating lately grrrrr.  Totally on my shoulders to refocus and get it right, hoping not to do to much damage before I "realize" enuff is enuff and I refocus.  Just not feeling it lately.

Prayers to all in need, congrats to Brad on the job I know this relieves some family stresses. 

Ok, boys are yelling and fighting (the story of my life, that and chauffeur) so better run. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Jill P
on 5/4/09 12:36 pm - Katy, TX
Hey there Dana!!!
Haven't seen ya' in like forever!!!  I know how it is though, life runs a hundred miles an hour it seems.  I swear, I can't even believe the kids are down to like 20 days of school left....that is if we don't get out for someone coming down with the ol' piggy poo flu.  Viktoria came home today and said some kid had to leave who was horribly sick in one of the classes.  Apparently was burning up with fever amongst other ailments.  GREAT!  Why do these kids come when they are that sick!  I can see a little kiddo, but these are middle school aged kids!  They know when they don't feel good so stay the heck home.  She said he was removed from the class and the mom had to get him and supposedly was taking him right to the doctor.  The nurse even called the doc's office to let them know he HAD to be tested.  DD#2 has been helping out the nurse with a classmate who had surgery so heard all the hubbabaloo about it.  GREAT!  I'm hoping the kid just was "sick"...no flu but we'll have to wait and see I guess!!!

Take care of yourself....glad to see ya' on the NW!!! 
Jill P. 
288/162/145
9-21-04

MariPW
on 5/4/09 11:55 am - Fredericksburg, TX
Hey George - I know, long time no see.  My life has been so crazy since the move to AL.  I barely have time to think much less stop by the boards to lurk.  Glad to hear that your son is back amongst the employed, one less on that side of the board.  I am trying to catch up and that is VERY hard to do when you have been as outta touch as I have been.

I was very blessed when my former co-worker called with this job offer.  It has been exhausting (at times) and really challenging most of the time.  Am trying to learn a new company and expand the limited knowledge I had of hazardous materials and their disposal.  Believe me when I say that it keeps me hopping.  I really miss my daily contact with the folks on the TMB, but I just don't have the opportunity like before.  I do keep up with MMWI, but that's about it. 

Well just wanted to say HI so all you guys will stop thinking that I have fallen off the face of the earth.

Hugs, Mari

George T.
on 5/4/09 1:00 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
And hello to you too.  Stop by any time.  Aren't God's blessings wonderful?

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Debra F.
on 5/4/09 12:30 pm - Houston, TX
real quick george....

i am going to two doctors tomorrow to try and rule out some other things...i am still having a hard time remembering things even 10 minutes later.... i am having to look at pictures to remember other things....

please take your vitamins.... i know that this is from vitamin b defiency.... its really scary....
Debra
227/205/135 at goal
1st Surgery/Revision/Today
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Co- Founder www.rydobesity.com
Liz_G_Tx
on 5/4/09 2:42 pm
hey.. im off wed and thurs if you need help those 2 days! and althought im working this weekend, kim will be at my house and is available for you then :)
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 92 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 402 views
Problem 15 yrs out
Gandadavis61971 · 4 replies · 1227 views