I know this has been asked before, but....

utepmom
on 5/12/11 2:48 am - Kyle, TX
 I have been losing pretty good since my surgery in August 2010, but now I have been at 218lbs for the last 4 weeks. I sent an email to my doc, but have not got a response or what to do about it.  I am exercising. I do 3 miles 3 times per week with Leslie Sansome walk at home videos and toning with Golds Gym toning bands. I have been a little bad lately. I was craving HEB pita chips(parmesan) with my tuna salad, and unsalted peanuts.(serving size)  So can anyone tell me how to get over this? 

Also, When can I start eating more types of veggies? Braccoli, Coliflower, etc. Yogurt? I lost my papers I got from my doc and I know these are questions for him, but it is hard to get him right now.

Thanks, Jo
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Thoreau      
Surgery Done; New Goals!  Reach 190 by July 4th.
Weight: Preop-332; 6wks-269 ; 3mos.-255, 6mos-218; 9mos.- 1yr-

TxKat
on 5/12/11 2:59 am

I was eating veggies by your point and Yogurt that was very early on. Guess drs are different.

utepmom
on 5/12/11 3:35 am - Kyle, TX
 Sorry, I guess I put that wrong. I have been eating most veggies, but not broccoli, califlower, or corn. I know there are different points in process as to when these can be added. As for yogurt, I have not been able to tolerate it, and have not found a lactose free one I like.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Thoreau      

cindibarre
on 5/12/11 5:08 am - Danforth, ME
Utepmom-

I haven't had my surgery yet but I'm rereading my binder.  It says that broccoli, cauliflower and corn are added gradually after at least 6 weeks.  Have you tried the greek yogurts?  I'm allergic to dairy but seem to tolerate greek yogurt well, of course all that may change.

Cindi in Maine

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
TxKat
on 5/25/11 5:22 am
Have your tried any SOY yogurt?
utepmom
on 5/12/11 5:21 am - Kyle, TX
 I have not tried it yet. Still looking at it.

Kris M.
on 5/12/11 7:59 am - Near Dallas, TX
You've probably hit a typical plateau which will happen as your body adapts to the changes. As to when you can eat yogurt if you can't tolerate it...it might be never. Some people lose the ability to tolerate certain foods...permanently. It depends on the food and for bypass patients, the sugar content.
I'm sure one of the 'Old Timers' will chime in soon.

Good luck and keep plugging away!!!
Kris M.   Ignorance is bliss...but not when you're aware of it!!

TraceyC
on 5/13/11 12:18 am - DFW, TX
Hi Jo!

I found that when I stalled that if I changed things up a bit I would start losing once again. My body gets used to the same stuff over and over and will quit working for me after awhile. Week after week of the same food, same calories, same exercise yield the same results after a bit. You might want to change things some...I did simple things like yogurt for breakfast instead of a protein bar, snacks every few hours between meals (almonds, pistachios, cheese, beef jerky, etc), dense protein for lunch instead of half of a Lean Cuisine, and then whatever was for dinner. I'm not advocating any particular food rather just mix things up every so often to fool your body.

Good luck!

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

utepmom
on 5/13/11 12:29 am - Kyle, TX
 Thanks, I will try this and see what happens. I still can't tolerate yogurt, regular, low fat, or light.

Stephanie G.
on 5/14/11 4:51 am - Rowlett, TX
You are nearly a year post-op so you should be able to try everything.  I was released to try anything after 6 weeks.  I'm 4 years post RNY and still can't tolerate milk based foods or greasy foods.  Everything else is fine.  Keep a food log and concentrate on solid protein first.  Grazing and eating soft slider foods are what keep most people from being successful.

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views