Protein Suppliment Research

Shawna
on 6/29/11 11:21 pm - Irving, TX
I am reseraching protein suppliments and need some input. What do you like best as far as suppliments go? Unjury, bariactric advantage, or other proteins? There are so many out there and I am having a hard time choosing. I was hoping that the websites would offer free or cheap samples so that I could test them out. Well, I guess the individual packets are cheap but the shipping cost is a killer. lol Anyway, so what types do you suggest?

Thanks,
Shawna

meggieintx
on 6/29/11 11:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I love Worldwide Pure Protein ready to drink protein drink in the can! 30gms protein, 180 cals, zero sugar! you can also get the powder to mix up and you can get them at the vitamin shop and sometimes wal-mart or walgreens!
Megan 
Phyllis M.
on 6/30/11 12:03 am - Irving, TX
I prefer the Atkins RTD shakes 

GNC  Chocolate -Carmel protein ...it comes in the smaller red bags..........so not a HUGES $35 container..........they have a guarantee too - if you don't like it  - you can take your receipt and the product back for a refund or exchange.

Before and AFTER surgery - I liked the Slim Fast LOW CARB (if you can find those now) protein drinks.......but AFTER surgery - these gave me diarreah....too rich - my doc/nut thinks...but now that I'm almost 4 yrs out - they don't seem to bother me ...

DON'T BUY TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE PRE-OP...... your taste buds will change 100% AFTER surgery !!

GOOD LUCK !!
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Karla Lewis
on 6/30/11 12:56 am - Livingston, TX
I use Nectar Cappucino in my coffee. I also make shakes with Isopure Zero carb creamy vanilla. I've heard good recommendations on GNC chocolate too for shakes.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

marcijsmiles
on 6/30/11 12:59 am - Houston, TX
through trial and error, i ultimately found i love Muscle Milk Light protein powder; it is great tasting.  i received a samle of Labrada Lean Body Carb Watchers from Smoothie Factory in the chocolate ice cream flavor and it is fabulous too!  i hate the unflavored Unjury - you can definitely taste the protein; it is strong and not good at all.  no matter how you use this unflavored protein, you will definitely taste it.  YUCK! LOL.  good luck!!

p.s. - i did a google search for free protein samples and signed for for a few; i even contacted a few other companies asking for samples before i buy so i'm waiting on those also to give them a whirl.

Marci

azurepenguin
on 6/30/11 2:02 am - Arlington, TX
 My favorite protein brand is the GNC brand in the black canister called Amplified Extreme Wheybolic 60.  They have several protein brands with similar packaging but I specifically go for that one.  Once I grabbed the wrong one, assumed it was in the same line so it would be okay and MAN was there a difference in the taste.

Buying from GNC can be pricey.  You can get protein at other places less expensively but GNC has a return policy.  Open it up..try it..even twice.  You think its gross and they'll take it back for exchange within 30 days.  Very handy when you are trying to find a brand you like.  You aren't stuck with a canister of $60 protein you won't use.
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/30/11 7:42 pm - Burleson, TX

SHAWNA-over the past 10 yrs, I've drank ALOT of protein. Personally, the "fruity"/nectar types don't appeal to me, but other people LOVE them. You can often get "single" bottles at Vitamin shoppe, Smoothie King, Central Market, etc, to try them out. My PERSONAL, current fave powdered protein is Click-both the original Mocha and the Vanilla Latte. I prefer them warm. I buy them, by the canister, from Amazon-best price I've found-with the best shipping costs. As for "unflavored" protein, I used Unjury, for a long time, and liked it, but have since found AnyWhey to have a little less "after taste". I also get it thru Amazon. For RTD (ready to drink) I like EAS brand-mostly chocolate stuff-I just pick them up at WalMart and keep on hand fr quick meal replacements.

Like others have said, protein is a "hit and miss" and what you love one day, you may hate the next. hang in there!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views