Overstich reflections

John K
on 7/27/11 4:36 am - Katy, TX
Ok, so a lot of people have been asking me about my experience, if I was happy, etc.

This is my own personal opinion, I am not a medical professional and do not even play one on TV.

The procedure itself: It was relatively minor procedure. I think I was out of surgery in less than an hour. They dont give you pain meds, I guess they think you dont need it. I was in some pretty good pain when I left, good think I had some liquid rx pain meds.

Post procedure. Ok, this was REALLY, REALLY difficult to follow. You know when you had your surgery originally you werent hungry? Well, not so the case here. I cam out of surgery ravenous. I followed the plan as far as liquids for the first 2 weeks. Michelle didnt think I did. I put beef broth with chili in a blender and blended it up and drank it. I didnt "eat" anything for 2 weeks. Those 2 weeks I lost 12 lbs. As soon as I started incorporating soft foods into my diet the weight loss quit. I was also exercising and I think the inches were falling off and not just weight, so I was feeling good. But, what are most soft foods? Hell, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, see the theme here? 

The whole trip to CT threw me so far out of my routine, I am still recovering from it. Just pure exhaustion. I started smoking again on that trip. I have since stopped again. I also plan on starting to walk, which I quit doing because of the trip and exhaustion. Sean Nichols and I are going to start walking on a regular basis and I truly believe that exercise is and always will be the key. 

So, the bottom line. The reason I had this done was because I got it for the cost of what a scope cost. They didnt charge for the procedure itself. It was a 1 day deal where they were doing it for free. I guess as a training tool for UT. Anyway, if I were having to pay full price? I dont think its worth it. I know it has worked wonders for some. Just didnt seem to work thhat well for me. However, it is another tool in the tool bag. Time to use it!  

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

cajungirl
on 7/27/11 9:07 am
I was HOPING it was helping, sorry John.

I had never heard of the overstitch until you mentioned it. I've seen others that had the ROSE procedure and other plications with minimal or no success. I personally do not think any of these procedures are worth the money based on current results.

Good for you and Sean being exercise buddies, I think the accountability of a partner makes the drive to do it much easier.

Good luck

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Alissa A.
on 7/27/11 10:42 am - Keller, TX
Thanks for the information. It was very good information. I wish you luck!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/28/11 8:20 pm - Burleson, TX

JOHN-Thank you for sharing your experience. I truly had been wondering about you, and thinking "I need to FB him" (everytime I'd see a cute FB pic of your babies). Connie C is the only person I've ever known who had "success" with a Stomaphx/ROSE type procedure. I've seen a few presentations/read some articles, but in NO way consider myself to be knowledgable about these procedures-and WON'T-unless I actually had one MYSELF..ya know?

I SURE don't "fault" you for not having this procedure be your "magic pill". But you KNOW I'm gonna get on for the SMOKING thing-right???? yep-you DO know me..Ok-consider yourself spanked and grounded. You have a beautiful wife and 3 precious children. There is no room for stinky cigarettes and lung cancer in that scenerio. Nuff said on THAT...

KUDOS to you and SEAN!! We all KNOW exercise is KEY to long term success..we may not always LIKE it..but we still KNOW it...You can SO do this!!! You KNOW what to eat. You KNOW what not to eat. You could give specific/no BS instructions to any newbie. Give the same no BS to yourself--easier said than done... I truly understand that, my brother. We are right here-BESIDE you-struggling right here-WITH you..

but, like I said--you can SOOOOOO do this!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

John K
on 7/28/11 9:58 pm - Katy, TX
Thanks for the spanking,,,,, I kinda enjoyed it!   LOL

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views