My Experience at CC

meggieintx
on 8/3/11 6:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
It has taken a while for me to come to terms with my recent surgery. The begining of my adventure was great, preop and surgery day went off beautifully liked the care on the bariatric floor and the staff were great.

Then I got moved to an overflow ward that had no single rooms, was crwded with equipment and people and I felt sort of trapped in my room with the absolute most heinous people on the otherside of the curtain with which there was a constant crisis. I felt trapped and scared for 4 days and had several meltdowns. The nursing staff was wonderful. The pain management guy scared me and left me feeling like he didnt like me, only saw my surgeon wtice. They could not get my diet right and kept bringing me food full of sugar and caffeine and NOONE could fix it.

Knew my doc was not a plastic surgeon but amazed at the sloppy work sewing me up and then found out later he left the fellows to sew me up. Now will need reconstructive corrective surgery around my sternum (per 2 docs here) because it just isnt right and I can actually feel my inside stitches and they hurt. I fact i have to keep trimming where my inside stitches are popping up on my outsides.

I just hope all of this makes it worth it in the long run. Have lost 12lbs since surgery and am now under weight and eating constantly since I can eat even less now than before surgery.

Good things. My belly is flat, I am now Meggie XY ( no bellybutton,Hee hee hee!). They were able to sort out and get my digestive system straightened out going in the right order, I have reconnected and renewed the once very close relationship my Mom and I use to have, she now "gets" my new life and way of eating and has realized just what a great job I have done.

I think my experience was not typical at the CC since I have heard nothing like my story from anyone else and I would reccomend people with constant problems to go for a second opinion. You know me...if something is going to happen, it will happen to me!

Resting and healing now and may try and stay at home next week and see what I can do myself. Probably go back to work 1/2 days on the 15th of Aug.

Meggie
Megan 
Phyllis M.
on 8/3/11 7:33 am - Irving, TX
Hi Meggie
I'm sorry things just didn't go as well as you had hoped......but all in all - if you ended up with straightened out insides and a flat belly w/no button (hehehe) .......it was probably worth it !!

Please take care of yourself -   if there is anything any of can do during this healing time !!  you know where to find us !! 

As for your relationship with your mom !!  WHOO HOOO !!  

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/3/11 7:23 pm - Burleson, TX
MEGGIE-thank you for trusting us enough to share. You know where I am if you need me. I am not a helicopter-I TRY hard not not to "hover"-but I NEED you to know I AM here for you-ALWAYS-use my digits, anytime. LOVE YOU !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Karla Lewis
on 8/3/11 10:41 pm - Livingston, TX
Meggie, I hate that you didn't have the best of experiences in Cleveland, but hopefully he fixed your issues so that you will heal and be well once again. I hope that your dr here can fix the parts they seemed to have messed up on!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Vivian Prouty
on 8/3/11 10:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Meggie.....I am so sorry that you are having problems with stitches.    I know for myself my body after my LBL spit out stitches for a year or more.   My body should have absorbed them but I guess there were just too many.    Sorry they kinda messed your sternum....that is the pitts but if they fixed your problem then it is worth it right?    SO glad also that you re-connnected your relationship with your Mom.    I miss mine everyday.    SO glad that she finally "gets it " !!!   Love you and you KNOW you are always in my thoughts and prayers my friend,     Take things easy and don't do too much to quickly.    Call me if you need me.   I am ALWAYS here for you too,

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 2:38 pm
 Luv ya Meggie.........
Laura in Texas
on 8/7/11 11:22 pm
So sorry about the bad parts of your journey, but so happy they straightened out your insides. Rest up and feel better soon!! (I'm six weeks out now from my plastics and am feeling great this week.)

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 408 views