Wednesday WLS Express

Laura P.
on 8/16/11 3:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hello folks!  I know alot of you don't know me, but I'm an old timer, and I haven't been on here in a while!! To the one's that recognize this old face, HELLO!! I've decided that I need to take better control of my life, and one of the ways that I do this is this thread! Accountability is KEY! If I have someone besides myself that knows the dumb things I'm doing to sabotage myself, then maybe I won't be so bad!

I miss seeing all of your smiling faces every day and I've had tons going on in my life. I won't bore you with it right now, but I'm sure most of it will come out in the next few weeks! LOL!

I LOVE all of you and hope to see you soon!!  When is the next Saturday support group? Are we still doing that? I hope so!!

Initial surgery 2006-Highest weight 305 - got down to 180
Having revision surgery soon!
Current 265 / Goal 180
"We can't all be heros. Someone has to clap for me when I walk by!"

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/16/11 8:11 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, LAURA, and all--haven't said THAT in awhile!! LAURA-so glad to have you in the engineer seat today. This Sat is the "off week", for group,but I'd be glad to meet up with you somewhere, and I bet some others locals would too. You still in River Oaks? We don't meet at Rise N Shine anymore, but I'd love to come there for YOU-just let me know, and we'll gather some peeps up!! Also, ALISSA and LIZ are hosting a dinner, on the 27th-look for A's thread.

Not sure what to report on the job front these days. The company "investment/change of ownership" went through yesterday..we THINK..all very hush/hush..lots of tension..except  for big mouth ME, of course..who was "business as usual"...lol..my owner, who needs the money, is so afraid things WON'T work out-so he hides in my office-hollaring to the bankers, on the phone, while the new guys are in HIS office-and it's not that big an office suite-you KNOW they can hear him-it's all pretty funny, if you're not directly involved..The new people just look at me like they must have "heard about me"..hmmm....actually, I overheard one of them say "She's the only one who knows but she's doing, but I'm kind of scared of her"...GOOD...lol...None of them have reached puberty yet anyway...

Continued prayers for our TMB family members. many are in need-both spoken and unspoken...

Hope everyone has a WOOHOO type WEDNESDAY!!

Oh-btw-in reading the remarks about ELVIS yesterday-what type BABIES am I hanging out with????...lol.."I was 5...I was 12...I wasn't born yet"....sheesh....

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Alissa A.
on 8/16/11 9:43 pm - Keller, TX
"She's the only one who knows but she's doing, but I'm kind of scared of"

how funny!! They know you well! Hope the changes are good ones for you at work.
Laura P.
on 8/17/11 8:00 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'd love to see you also but I can't this Saturday.  A DEAR friend from work passed away and her memorial is Sat in Denton. Very sad! I hadn't seen her in a while and I'm now kicking myself for it. Oh well, Let me know when the regular meeting is and where and I'll be there!!

I'll also look for A's thread and make it to the dinner. I've put on some weight since I've been off work, and I need to get back on track, SERIOUSLY!!  I think I've found a new vitamin system that has 98% absorbsion rate and is super great!  I need something cause I'm sick of taking all the pills everyday! It gets tedious!

I'll "save the date" for the 27th and look forward to seeing everyone!  Looks like the board isn't as active as it used to be. Maybe we can get some alums back on for the newbies!

Love ya!!

Current 265 / Goal 180

Don 1962
on 8/16/11 9:03 pm
Morning Laura!

Work and meet the GF for supper only thing(s) on tap for today.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Laura P.
on 8/17/11 8:03 am - Fort Worth, TX
LOVE your signature! It's too true since the surgery, huh!  LOL!! 

Current 265 / Goal 180

Alissa A.
on 8/16/11 9:48 pm - Keller, TX
GOOD MORNING! Laura it was so nice to see your face as the conductor today! Its been too long girl. Hope we get to meet again soon!

I'm in San Angelo- got here yesterday and go home Thursday afternoon. Not much to report. Just working with the new counselor. We saw 2 employers yesterday and we're going to do a job analysis of a courtsey clerk at Albertsons here in SA. It will keep me busy which is always good.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 10:01 pm - GA
Good Morning Laura, and everyone else too.

I came onboard while you have been away, and thought that I might come to be a Georgia Peach transplanted to Texas...but that is not going to happen, but they still let me post on the TMB.  Georgia board is not very active at all.

I have Mr Plumber coming to the house today to check on upstairs shower...inspection showed no ho****er.  And Orkin Wildlife Mgt man aka 'Bird Man' is coming to reconnect venting to the vent fan in one bathroom.  Then I get to go to work.

Had a date last night, and things went well.  We will see where that leads.

Mr Plumber is on his way, so I need to get a little more presentable...looks like that Starbucks will have to wait a little bit longer for me to have.
Vivian Prouty
on 8/16/11 10:33 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning Laura and everyone else,

Good to see you Laura.   You will have to come back here more often.....we miss you.    Gina....I am sorry I didn't comment on Elvis yesterday.   I being older than you remember him well.   In fact I grew up in a house with 2 older sisters who adored Elvis.     I kinda liked him myself too and absolutely loved watching him sing in his movies.     Now that I have told that I am old.....LOL  I know you know what I mean.    It is bad when you look at someone's date that they were born and that happens to be the year you graduated high school.   LOL   Oh well.....guess age is catching up with me at least.   LOL  I did get some much needed sleep last night and I am very thankful for that.   I haven't been sleeping well for over a week now.    My youngest son comes home from house/ pet setting tonight.   I am really glad about that.   I HATE being by myself at night ( well...not totally alone I have my fur babies with me ).    Hopefully life will resume as almost normal tonight with my almost 21 yr. old son back home.    Prayers for those in need and I am with Gina as far as praying for unspoken prayers our TMB members have also.    Remember to stay hydrated.  It is HOT outside and it is easy to dehydrate.   Have a blessed day everyone !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Phyllis M.
on 8/17/11 4:16 am - Irving, TX
Hi Laura !!  Welcome back !!

((((((Huggs))))))))))))

Hey - just an FYI -   Monica from South TX - had surgery yesterday -    flipped port but I havent heard anything new lately.     She posted on FB - so I think its okay to mention it here..
Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers.....  do know any particulars what lead to this - but it is what it is...  I wanna know what she was doing to cause it to flip    :) 
 She has been sooooooooooo  successful and I'm sure she will continue to be a success and an inspiration to everyone around her...

Not much going on in my world...
knee injections went well for me yesterday-   woke up with no pain today -  and slept through the night - was able to move around in bed with PAIN !! 

gotta get back to work  
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 93 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 402 views
Problem 15 yrs out
Gandadavis61971 · 4 replies · 1227 views