Thursday WLS Express

Laura P.
on 8/17/11 5:00 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Welcome to the Thursday WLS Express!  All Aboard!!

Ok, I've been looking at the numbers and it seems there are quite a few lurkers out there!  Reading but not posting! C'mon guys, we want to know what you've been up to. If you're a newbie and you're shy, don't be! It's just like writing an email, except you're talking about yourself!  You can do that! I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but you'll find that there is no judgement on this thread. We love everyone and support each other, so lets get going today!!

I put in for 20 jobs last night on USAJobs.gov. Ugh! The Postal Service is hemmoraging and live is not good right now. I'm feeling like a rat leaving a sinking ship! But I have to take care of me! And Congress isn't making it any easier! Don't get me started!! LOL!!

Anyway, I'm trying to make good choices in food, but the further out I get, the harder it is! I think I've stretched my pouch out because I can eat more than I should. I may have to do the 5-day pouch test and prolong it to get back into the groove. I definately need to get started back on my protein drinks! I've been eating waaaaay to many carbs lately!

Make good choices out there today!  Remember, don't lurk, POST!  Nuttin but Love to y'all!! Nuttin but LOVE!! Have a great day!

Initial surgery 2006-Highest weight 305 - got down to 180
Having revision surgery soon!
Current 265 / Goal 180
"We can't all be heros. Someone has to clap for me when I walk by!"

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 9:13 pm - GA
Good Morning Laura!!!

Last night was not a very good night for me.  I had two BAD instances of leg cramps...one was severe, the other one was not quite as severe.  Now my legs are very sore.  I will be calling my hematologist this morning to do blood work.  But, I really want a potassium/magnessium ****tail.

The plumbing work I had done yesterday turned out a bit more severe than what I wanted.  He had to cut hole in wall to get to the ho****er line, to replace part, as the ho****er line was stopped up.  Oh, well...I had to do this...for it to close.

Go out and make it a great day!!!
Alissa A.
on 8/17/11 9:31 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning from San Angelo. I have a late afternoon flight home. Then I have to head to Chris's school to get his schedule. It will be a long day but its okay. i work from home tomorrow.

Not much else to report here. I hope everyone has a great day today!
Vivian Prouty
on 8/17/11 10:08 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Laura, Alissa, Norma and TMB,

I am not fully awake yet.   LOL  I am drinking my first cup of coffee and it usually takes the second cup before I am fully awake.   LOL  Not much going on here.   I have to go pick my DIL up from work a little later on ( she works at a Starbucks ya'll ).    Then tonight I have to go to a "meet the teacher night" at the elementry school for one of my nieces.   She has 3 kids at 2 different schools and someone needs to be with each kid.    SO I got picked to go.   Fun fun.   LOL   I will probably go with a kindergardener.   LOL   Not much else on my agenda today.    I wish I would hear something from my middle son but I guess no news is good news.    Hopefully next tuesday when he has been at Teen Challenge for 2 weeks..     Remember to stay hydrated....hot out side...way TOO hot.   Prayers for everyone in need and special prayers for you Norma that the leg cramps are not anything serious.    I had those several months ago and they were bad.....I upped my calcium and they stopped.    Hope you find out what is causing them quickly.    Have a great day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

azurepenguin
on 8/17/11 10:55 pm - Arlington, TX
 Hey all!

Today its more laundry for me...and sewing.  I have some projects I want to get done for friends.  I also spent some time pulling fabric for another project for me (yay!)

In between laundry I'm planning on *drumroll* making cheese!  I took some classes on cheesemaking at Pennsic and I'm completely hooked.  I need to buy some rennet before I can make pressed or hard cheese (like cheddar) but I'm doing lots of fresh farmers cheese right now.  I'm very excited for the next CM weekend I can attend because I'll be bringing some.

OH!   and I'm an aunt again.  My youngest brother and his girlfriend had their baby on Tuesday.  Her name is Chloe and she is just BEAUTIFUL!  I can't wait to visit the Spokane, WA area and meet her in person.  Here is a picture.

Have a great day everyone.
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

Phyllis M.
on 8/18/11 1:59 am - Irving, TX
OH HOW PRECIOUS -  I NEEDED THIS TO SMILE THIS AM !!   :)

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/18/11 3:44 am - Burleson, TX
Jenn--Miss Chloe is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Thank you for sharing your happy news!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Laura P.
on 8/18/11 8:44 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'd love to get into making soap! I just don't have the room right now!

Beautiful girl! Is she... no... she's not flipping us off is she! LOL!! Love to see baby pictures!!

Have a great one!

Current 265 / Goal 180

cajungirl
on 8/18/11 5:19 am
Hey lady!

Long time no see, glad to see you posting.  I'm trying to get back to posting here as often as I can, life has gotten super busy and lots of changes have happened.  I read more than post here, need to get back in the swing of it.

Good to see you!  Good luck with the job search.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Laura P.
on 8/18/11 8:43 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you , ma'am!  Great to see you too!  You still in LA? I put in for a few jobs in NO! Hoping I get one! I love that city!!

Current 265 / Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 408 views