Another Newbie

Magan M.
on 9/13/11 5:57 am
 And man am I glad to have found this forum.  The main page can get pretty nasty.  

I just had RNY 8/22/11 and am looking for support groups that meet on the weekends, hopefully closer to Dallas or Frisco.  

Other than that, just wanted to say hi.  

Saundra P.
on 9/13/11 8:28 am - Mesquite, TX

Welcome to TMB,

I attend a support group that normally meets the 2nd and 4th Saturday in Dallas.  However we are skipping the 24th to participate in Obesity Walk event so will not meet till Oct.  I will get the info and send it to you via PM.

Vivian also has a support group on the 1st Sunday of every month in Keller.  She will post the information on this board a couple of days before each meeting.

Congrats on your surgery!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Magan M.
on 9/13/11 8:36 am
 Thank you

Karla Lewis
on 9/13/11 9:45 am - Livingston, TX
Welcome to the Texas board. I agree with you about the main board. I never could get into it. I was on a January '06 board for about a year and started posting on the TX board and rarely have looked back. Congrats on your surgery. Welcome to the losers bench!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Lisa Martinez
on 9/13/11 10:53 am - TX
Welcome Magan,

Glad you are here & CONGRATS on your surgery.  

Keep coming back.

Lisa D. Martinez
OH Support Group Leader - Fitter Healthier Happier

** OH Magazine Promo Code: Martinez11 **

Vivian Prouty
on 9/13/11 11:56 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Magan  Welcome to the TMB and congratulations on your surgery.   I lead a support group as Saundra said.    My groups name is LOSE IT 4 LIFE If you would like to join it.    As Saundra said I post on the message boards usually 3 times the week of the meetings.    We would love to have you join us if  you don't mind the drive to Keller.    Glad to see you come join us on the TMB.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Phyllis M.
on 9/14/11 3:55 am - Irving, TX
(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGGS)))))))))))))))   HI MAGAN !!        

I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU FOUND US TOO :)       YOU WILL GET A LOT OF LUV AND SUPPORT FROM THIS GROUP BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH -  DON'T ASK !!   

We have a lot of knowledgeable peeps on here and we will supoprt you and be there for ya !!

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YA !!      I live in Irving !   
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Magan M.
on 9/14/11 5:46 am
 Thanks for the support everyone.  I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at the support groups.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 9/14/11 8:02 pm - Burleson, TX
MAGAN-so glad you found the TMB-welcome to the FAMILY!!! I was going to invite you to "ride" the "daily " WLS Express"-also known as "the train"-where we just hang out and say whatever we want to...like our our own "Cheers" bar...but I see you already found it--GREAT!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

dasie
on 9/14/11 8:11 pm
I've heard that about the main board.  I always forget to go there as I usually go to the RNY board.

Most Active
Recent Topics