Life update..just in case anyone is interested.

azurepenguin
on 10/11/11 10:46 pm - Arlington, TX
Hi Texas friends.  I hope you will forgive the presumption that anyone at all is interested in what is going on with me.  Its been a while since I've really been able to check in so for anyone who is interested, I figured I would just put some bullet point updates here.

1)  Clint was laid off right after Labor Day very unexpectedly.  The last time he was out of work for any length of time I was at least working.  This time I wasn't and it has made for a VERY interesting month (by interesting  I mean scary and stressfull).

2) Clint did start a new gig Monday.  We both breathed a large, collective sigh of relief.  It will still be a few weeks, months even, before we are caught back up on bills and child support.  But I think we finally see the light at the end of this tunnel.

3) School is going well but is busier than ever.  I had 1 midterm this week and essentially 4 midterms next week: 2 lecture midterms and 2 lab practicals.  I'm really wanting to do well.  It is my goal to get through this semester with excellent grades again.

4)  I start a new part time job tomorrow night.  I am going to be a pastry cook at La Madeline.  I am so excited for this new opportunity.  I have never worked in the food service industry in the back of the house, and this will be a big learning experience.  I'm hoping this will give me some 'street cred' when I'm teaching.  I can't exactly teach students how to be a good chef in a real kitchen if I've never done it myself...right.

5)  I also started participating with the Culinary student organization on Campus.  Following my normal "jump in with both feet first" mentality I'm now the president of the organization.  I'm working on organizing meetings so we can get our first fundraiser underway.  Trying to organize meetings for an organization at a Community College is proving to be challenging.  Unlike high school, 4 year college, or non college groups, trying to work with adults who all have classes and most also have work and/or family is kind of like hearding cats.  But I'm hoping to make the group a success.

Well...that's pretty much it.  I am very busy; however, despite some sleep deprived nights where I'm up worrying about how I'm going to get everything done, I am very happy.
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

Karla Lewis
on 10/12/11 7:49 am - Livingston, TX
Glad Clint got a new job. That is rough to go through. I hope you continue to love the culinary school. It sounds fun and interesting!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Vivian Prouty
on 10/13/11 1:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Tell Clint congrats on the new job and congrats to you too Jenn on the part time job.   That sounds like lots of fun.   Hope you enjoy the job.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views