I'm back! Update on me

Kim G.
on 12/8/11 6:52 am - Plano, TX
Sorry, it's been a rough few weeks!

I had my revision to the DS on Monday, Nov 28th. The surgery went well, but lasted about 5 hours because of the scar tissue Dr. Barker had to work through in addition to the bypass reversal before even beginning the switch...

Monday night, a few hours after surgery, the nurse got me up and told me to walk the halls but took me to the bathroom first, telling me to make sure and come out and walk when I was done. I blacked out and fell off the toilet and laid in the bathroom floor bleeding out for an hour until I came to and pulled the nurse call button. I lost so much blood it cost me 2 extra days in the hospital and 6 blood transfusions!

I'm a lot better now, thankfully, and the swelling is starting to go down, so hopefully I will start losing!!!

Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

cajungirl
on 12/8/11 7:29 am, edited 12/8/11 7:30 am
Hi Kim, congrats on your revision.  Didn't know (not sure if you posted why, I'll go back and look) you were being revised.  Sorry you had that experience, hope you are recovering well.

Edit:  Ok don't see why you had a revision, I'm curious can you PM me if you rather not say here. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Kim G.
on 12/8/11 1:24 pm - Plano, TX
Dana, I've had quite a bit of regain. I've had a large pouch from the beginning, which I found out at 3 months post op from my RNY bc I was having an endoscopy... With this surgery, this makes my 7th abdominal surgery due to RNY. Ulcers, anemia and 10 iron infusions, internal hernias, bowel obstructions, adhesions and gallbladder going bad, I had my fair share of complications.

I nowhere near met the weight or bmi guidelines for DS, but thankfully the insurance approved the revision anyway due to the regain and the number of complications I've had.

Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

Alissa A.
on 12/8/11 7:01 pm - Keller, TX
I'm so glad that you are better now. I cannot believe they left you alone for that long right after surgery. How awful and just not right.
I hope you conitnue to do well. Take care!
Vivian Prouty
on 12/8/11 10:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Kim,

Glad to see your doing well.   I did reply to your text message you sent me and you HAVE been in my thoughts and prayers.    Hope the DS gives you great results and that some of your issues goes away.    Let me know if I can do anything for you.....wish you lived closer to me.   Thanks for updating us on you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views