TGIF WLS express

timsdanni
on 12/15/11 6:26 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
all aboard!!
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

timsdanni
on 12/15/11 6:38 pm - Ft Stewart, GA

Good morning TMB family – I am up and starting to pack – one more load of laundry and I can really get after it. I am so unprepared for this trip but determined we are going anyhow – I figure if I get kids, gifts and meds in the car everything else can be gotten in the DFW area. I am soooooo excited!!!

We had our company Christmas party last night and had the BEST santa EVER he walked around and talked to the kids – took time to color with them( we had coloring stuff at each table) there was not a single kid there from the littlest up to the big kids that didn’t get over being scared of  him and sit with for pictures and to get their goodie bag.

Question for the masses – having been out of the working world for a LONG time – if your boss gives you a gift the appropriate response is a nice thank you card not a gift in return right?

Sitting here with a sick little girl in my lap – hoping it is all allergies and as soon as we cross the GA line she will start to feel better

Wishing I could do more for my sweet hubbys bday today but he got a gift this am, will have cards and cupcakes with lunch and gets to leave GA what more could the man ask for? J

Hope everyone has a great day!

Peace

Danni

Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/15/11 7:15 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, DANNI and the rest of our TMB family!

DANNI-to answer your question-to me-a gift is just that-a GIFT. When I give someone something, it is because I want to-not because I EXPECT something in return. I think it's embarrassing for someone to rush around and "regift" you something that obviously was not CHOSEN for you, and was just given to you because thought they were SUPPOSED to do it. Does that make any sense? Anyhoo..if the boss was not on your original list, don't add he/she now, but do send a nice card of thanks...

Today's plans include....work...no big surprise there..changes in weather makes folks so sick-esp those with respiratory problems..we're staying plenty busy...No solid plans tonight, so may stay late at work, and finish some "projects" it seems I never get around to doing...

Continued prayers for all our family and friends-a privilege I don't take lightly...

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Don 1962
on 12/15/11 7:25 pm
I can relate to leaving GA  and getting back to Texas!!

Work today then head to Conroe for the weekend.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Vivian Prouty
on 12/15/11 10:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Danni and TMB Family,

Prayers for your family to have a safe trip back here to Texas.    Tell Tim to be careful...the roads here are extremely wet and slick.   Not much going on in my world right now.    I went for "well woman" physical yesterday UGH and then put mine and my son's cars in the shop to get hail damage repairs from last spring.    We are both in rental cars and my son has complained his is "too big".   LOL  He is in a Malibu.   They put me in a Mazda.    I would rather have had a CRV but that wasn't going to happen unless "I" paid the difference and at this time of year....Ain't happening !!!  LOL   My DIL is already feeling sickness from the "little one".    I feel for her.    She came into my door the other night eating a soda cracker.     Poor thing.     Not much going on today....I feel like I need to go shopping for Christmas gifts although for the most part I am finished !!!   Prayers for Meggie, Dana and everyone else who needs them.     Hope Rachel gets to feeling better the closer to Texas you get Danni.    Have a blessed weekend everyone.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

meggieintx
on 12/17/11 10:56 am - Fort Worth, TX
A thank you note is a must  no matter if you give a gift back or not! Watching my Mom open gifts from everyone in the office for so many years and her sticking it in a drawer for a garage sale some day,(she got a lot of junk) I feel a gift should only be given if that person is important to you . Food is always good and you are such a fabulous cook, maybe some homemade muffins or cookies would be a nice gesture! But maybe not the move em out muffins!! Hee hee hee!!! Miss ya!

Meggie
Megan 
Alissa A.
on 12/15/11 8:41 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning everyone! Danni- good luck today getting everything packed and have a safe trip. Hope Rach feels better soon.
Susan- go Panthers! Have a great time at Cowboys Stadium tonight while you cheer on my alma mater- Midway HS Panthers! Are ya'll spending the night or driving back? Oh, and I can relate to what you're saying about people dressing well - when we first moved to Keller, I thought I was going to have to get a Prada track suit just to go to CiCi's pizza. Moms around here dress well no matter where they're going. Me? I don't even put makeup on if I'm just going shopping on the weekend.

I need to take my car into the dealership as my air bag light is on. I just don't look forward to sitting there forever when I have work to do today. Trying to decide if I want to take my laptop with me.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Libby0218
on 12/15/11 9:33 pm - TX
I am so glad it is Friday! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Saundra P.
on 12/15/11 9:59 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

It's back to work today after having 3 days off, I think I could get use to working only Mondays and Fridays.

Yesterday I made up gifts bags for DH guys at work, I baked cookies, brownies and added store brought candy.  Maybe next year I will try to make homemade candy.

Those traveling this weekend have a safe trip, prayers to all in need.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 93 views
I'm new here