Back on Track - New Beginnings Thurs 12-29-11

Phyllis M.
on 12/28/11 11:18 pm - Irving, TX
Good Morning Everyone

Last night didn't end well -  bad choice -  made sandwich - ate 1/2 of it and threw the 2nd half at my brother to finish.............downed several candy kisses -  don't know what got into me...I was wanting chocolate  (oh yeah - I'm on my mentrual cycle -2nd one in a row )since they told me I was in  pre-menopausal state..........hello Dallas !!   I went 5 mos with one and then I've had 2 in a row.   Wished my body would make up its mind if it wanted hormones or not!!   lol  

I don't have a plan today.....NOT GOOD.........

Work......nothing unusual there..

Slept too late -  woke up at 745am  - office schedule  8-5..........ummmm Hello -  yes I was late !! go figure -  good thing I'm less than 5 miles from work !!  

B:  Mcdonalds - chicken biscuit -  ate  1/2 biscuit and the chicken....not a good choice..but it got something in my stomach so I wouldn't be tempted to eat candy thru the office. (leftovers from Christmas)

Lunch:  Lunch with peeps at Chipotle - I've never eaten there - I've gone there 1x to pick up something for someone else and took hers to go.................I will make a responsible choice

Dinner:  Protein Shake

Ive gotta get the excercise in !!     I keep on having visions of me working like a  "Julian"  - yeah - right !!   
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/29/11 12:03 am - Burleson, TX

PHYLLIS..okay you shared what you DID..now what are going to DO, in the FUTURE? You can't UN-DO what is already DONE...

You know I care about you, so I know you will take my post in the manner in which it is INTENDED. Read back over what you wrote-how many excuses do you see? Now, make a future SOLUTION for each of those EXCUSES. You don't have to share them, if you don't want to-it may be very personal to you.

I am fighting my own food demons right now, so please NEVER feel you are EVER alone in this. We are all together in this.

For today: I had my Click this morning/mid morning snack is chicken and 2 crax/lunch is chicken and broccoli/PM snack is apple and string cheese/supper is crock pot roast/bedtime snack SF pudding with 1/2 scoop protein powder..Exercise is 30 minute upper body weights-still can't do walking, due to healing tear in thigh muscle

Thanks for getting me to start planning again!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Melissa C.
on 12/29/11 12:46 am
and little Missy would that be my roast recipe??? lol
Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/29/11 1:35 am - Burleson, TX
MEL-well,,,DUH!!! lol..OF COURSE!!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

cajungirl
on 12/29/11 2:44 am
I've had my struggles during this holiday season and decided enough is enough; no excuses for me I'm OWNING my choices, won't dwell on what was and won't feel guilty either for my choices.  Guilt does NO ONE any good.  Move past the past and be prepared for the future KWIM?

Last two days have gone very well food wise, water intake still sucks and I'm be lax on my vitamins too.  I vouch to drink SOME water this afternoon and will take afternoon vitamins and prepare my zippy bags for the next weeks worth.

Planning is key.......when you (general you) prepare there is no reason to fall off your plan.

Buckle up and ride the ride.......it's doable with committment and the desire to succeed!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/29/11 5:27 am - Burleson, TX

DANA-why is it when we slack on ONE area we tend to slack on OTHERS also??? I haven't been getting in near as much water as I used to get. i do FAIRLY well with my vitamins, but not 95-100%, like I should be doing.

Ok-TONIGHT-I will get out my snack size ziplock bags and fix up at least 7 days worth of vitamins. I promise-and will report back in tomorrow.

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

JenniferScott
on 12/29/11 12:19 am, edited 12/29/11 12:20 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 09/09/08 with
So you fell off the horse last night... get back on today and don't let those decisions influence today. I know you can do this!

Here are some of my thoughts and ideas and what works for ME, I know everyone is different so please just take this as how someone else manages the food monsters...

McDonald's - I eat here for breakfast pretty often it is quick and easy but I do it with a plan. I've looked up the calories on their breakfast sandwiches and the one that is by far the best is the egg mcmuffin with canadian bacon... if you order it as it comes it is 300 calories which isn't too bad for fast food breakfast. I usually will cut it in half and add a packet of salsa. I then save the other half for my morning snack around 10 am. This makes it to where I'm not eating the whole thing plus a snack so saves me calories and I don't feel like I'm wasting my money.

Chipotle - I used to eat here a lot when I worked for Home Depot and it was next door. I usually get their steak fajita bowl. If I remember right calories look something like Rice - 130, Beans - 120, meat - 190, cheese - 100, sour cream - 120, guacamole - 150. I don't usually get the rice and add lettuce and lime juice. In the end I can't eat it all and pick out the meat, I usually estimate that it was about 400 calories.

I guess my point is for ME as long as I educate myself about the calories in the food I make better choices. I also track my food at myfitnesspal.com. What is great is if you have a smart phone you can download the myfitnesspal app and it works great! I get annoyed with apps that don't work right and this one is easy to use and free. My favorite part is that is has a barcode scanner which makes entering foods so easy! If I don't have a complete plan everyday I make the best of it and use this tool to help me make better choices.

My plan for today:

B - 1/2 Egg McMuffin with salsa and Coffee 180 calories
S - 1/2 Egg McMuffin with salsa 155 calories
L - Left over Baby Back Ribs with BBQ Sauce that DH made about 450 calories
S - 100 Calorie Snack or Sugar Free Pudding 60 calories
D - not sure but about 600 calories

GOOD LUCK TODAY!
Melissa C.
on 12/29/11 12:51 am
Ladies you both have given great advice to our Phyllis! 
Phyllis you know me....you have to have a PLAN....plain and simple, and yes there are going to be days where that plan will not work for what ever reason (leaving it at home, better idea's came along) but you still have to make the best choices that you can. 
Take 5 mins aday and FORGIVE yourself if you feel that you messed up the meal before. 
Hormones are always going to be there, life is always going to be there, make 2012 all about YOU not your family, not your coworkers, just YOU Phyllis!! You can do this you have tons of support and lots of peeps that understand all to well!!

Keep it Simple, Keep it Fun, and Always keep it REAL

I believe..That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become....

A Craving is just an emotional temper tantrum...Marianne Williamson

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/29/11 1:40 am - Burleson, TX
MEL-what excellent advice-AS ALWAYS. You know, I have known you longer than I have known anyone on the TMB-or on OH, for that matter. I have REALLY, REALLY missed you. Thank you for being here.

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Phyllis M.
on 12/29/11 6:59 am - Irving, TX
Thank you everyone for your input !! 

I didn't do too badly today - ....

Lunch at Chipotle was good - I did the steak bowl with very little rice and picked around it -  of course - I had the sour creme to make it a little more moist, onions, peppers - but the drinking with eating HAS GOT TO QUIT !! AND THAT IS ONE THING I'M REALLY BAD ABOUT........but not aiming for perfection  here -  just "better" choices when I'm out !!       "out eating " is going to be very restrictive starting in jan 2012 -   

I have an idea of those plans and just riding on this horse isn't going well - but it is going to get better  cuz I'm gonna make it better !! 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views