OT: Chase got an intern position at WDW!

TraceyC
on 2/14/12 11:10 pm - DFW, TX
OK- had to share with you all....

Chase called last night from school to let me know that after waiting on pins and needles for months he got an intern position at Disney World (in Florida). He will have to take a semester off from UNT to go. He will be gone for 4 months and will work there part time and take college classes at Disney. He's not sure what they offer, marketing is a for sure, but otherwise he's not 100%. He is working towards a film major with a marketing minor at UNT so this fits right into his degree plan. He will work part time and make a little bit of money. They furnish the dorm and the food. He also gets free tickets for family members (go mamma!!- lol) He won't be able to come home during the four months so his mom will just have to go visit him. (it will be a "sigh" sacrifice!) Nonetheless what an amazing opportunity!!!

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Don 1962
on 2/14/12 11:30 pm
Way to go Chase!  Look at the positives about going to Florida to see him other than the obvious.  He can't bring his laundry home!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Vivian Prouty
on 2/15/12 12:32 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Congrats to Chase !!!!  Tracey that sounds like a opportunity of a lifetime.   I know he will not only get much needed education from this experience but have lots of fun in the process.     Sigh....know it will be a BIG SACRIFICE going to Disney World to see him though.     We are ALL proud of him !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Phyllis M.
on 2/15/12 3:27 am - Irving, TX
This is soooooo awesome !!   How many more years does he have for his Bachelors?
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

TraceyC
on 2/15/12 5:00 am - DFW, TX
He has like 77 hours from the jr college he went to. I was saying that he would be the only person ever to get a master's degree from a two year university. He finally transferred to UNT in the fall. So he's a jr, but about to be a sr. I'm not sure the amount of hours he's completed at UNT, but he's in line for being a senior. He was going to talk with the counselor today about making sure the Disney U hours are transferrable to UNT. From my understanding they are. With those hours and the ones he completes in the spring 2013 semester back at UNT, he'll be done with his BA degree.  

He wants to get a master's though, so the college days aren't soon to be over any time quickly.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/15/12 6:21 pm - Burleson, TX

TRACEY-you already know how I feel, but I want to give our boy (man?) a shout out, publicly...

CONGRATS, CHASE !!!!

I am so stink' proud of him!! He is gonna rawk at this!! We all know Disney is in his blood, so he's going to be a natural-THEY are lucky to have him !!

Can't wait for the family reunion we'll have when we visit him!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Karla Lewis
on 2/15/12 7:10 am - Livingston, TX
Congrats to him Tracey. I know a girl that was Belle at WDW in that program and she loved it. It's been several years.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 92 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 402 views