What do you miss?

meggieintx
on 2/29/12 9:39 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Is there a food you cannot eat that you really miss. What keeps you from eating it? Could we help you adjust the recipe to where you can eat it?

Mine is Snicker bars. However Russell Stover makes a candy called Nougie Nutty Chewies that are very close!! Now, if Wally World will keep them in stock!!

Meggie
Megan 
TraceyC
on 2/29/12 10:27 pm - DFW, TX
When my band is at maximum restriction I miss a good ol' slice of pizza. There's nothing that I can do to offset it unless I use a cardboard crust which takes the point of WHY I like pizza so much out of the equation (all that heavenly carb crust). I can still NIBBLE so all is not lost, which is a good thing, because pizza just isn't really a food I SHOULD be eating anyways.    

Feeling good and being healthy outweigh even the most perfect slice of pizza ANY day though.

Tracey

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Laura in Texas
on 3/1/12 6:39 pm
Pre-op I used to eat TONS of bread. I could eat a whole loaf of homemade bread at one sitting. I "can" still eat it with no problems, but the carbs make me crazy and make me crave more carbs, so I usually choose to avoid it to stay on track. Now I eat low-carb tortillas instead of bread.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Gina 21 Years Out
on 3/1/12 7:12 pm - Burleson, TX

I miss homemade ice cream..the kind made in the electric freezer, with rock salt around it (yea, I'm old enough to remember the "hand crank" kind, but,  I avoided anything that looked like exercise)...

"Substitutes" just don't replace the original, for me..it's like comparing a handshake to wild monkey sex..just doesn't add up..

Have I "tried" the aforementioned homemade ice cream? Oh yea...and spent an hour on my aunt's bathroom floor, curled in a ball..real party animal..

Geez...I miss scooping out that rock salt...and I miss wild monkey sex..

Danggit, MEGGIE, why do you make me think about these things?????

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

TraceyC
on 3/2/12 4:22 am - DFW, TX
HA!!! You know it was Robbie that coined that term.

I have an ELECTRIC ice cream maker at the lake house that we can play with and try YOUR kind of milk and of coarse SPLENDA to make it work. Now the monkey sex.....I can't help personally BUT I have connections, although I heard it can wreck havok on the skin of your knees....

Seriously though....  lake house/summer...you bring the splenda, I'll get the recipe.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Gina 21 Years Out
on 3/2/12 8:04 pm - Burleson, TX
Slenda..check...skim milk..check..but who will bring the monkey??

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

meggieintx
on 3/3/12 12:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
Gina you know it is because I am just evil!! Braums makes fab sf ice cream and frozen yogurt in great flavors!!!
Meggie
Megan 
Gina 21 Years Out
on 3/3/12 8:56 pm - Burleson, TX

MEGGIE-why have I never tried Braums???? How odd-I pass one all the time..guess I never thought of them having something I could have --did they have in the "scoop" section, or in the "carton" section?

ummm...do they have a monkey?..just asking'...for TRACEY !

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Vivian Prouty
on 3/1/12 8:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Meggie.....I miss roast.   I could do roast for years and then suddenly about 2 yrs ago my pouch ( which as we ALL know rules our foods ) decided that IT did NOT like it anymore.   So everytime I eat it I end up throwing it up....so I don't cook roasts anymore.   In fact my hubby mentioned cooking one yesterday and I told him NO !!!  LOL   

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

frenchgrapes
on 3/2/12 1:21 am - TX
I don't miss much right now. At some point, though, I'll miss baked beans and potato salad with some barbecued something on the plate, a piece of cornbread or a Parker House roll, and banana pudding. I tell myself that when I reach maintenance I can have a little bit of those things - within moderation. Right now the Walden Farms BBQ sauce and the Carbmaster Banana Cream Pie Yogurt are keeping my cravings under control.
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views