Friday WLS EXPRESS

Alissa A.
on 6/7/12 8:25 pm - Keller, TX
Time to get the ol train a movin'!
Alissa A.
on 6/7/12 8:39 pm - Keller, TX
Good morning! I'm sorry I'm MIA when I travel. I have way more time in the AM since we don't start until 8:30am but I think that works against me because I'm not motivated to get up and moving. And, the internet connection sucked at the hotel even though I was using my mifi. So, I'm back now-got home about 5:30pm. I was MEETING OUT'D! We had a rough meeting-a lot of problems going on that folks just needed to vent about but hearing everything was just tiring. But, it needed to be done and I think everyone left feeling better and more committed to our jobs because they were allowed to vent and move on.

Just heard an add for IHOP and it said "love on a plate"- no wonder American's are so obese. lol.

Vivian- so sorry about your son's health problems. At least he's clean and sober now and knows to go to the doctor where hopefully they can treat him and he can go on to live a long life, as opposed to still be using and him not getting the healthcare he needed. It still really sucks that he's doing so much work to clean up his life and he has to deal with this now. Perhaps one day he can speak to youth about the effects of drugs on the body because I don't think teens really think that doing drugs harms their bodies. But here he is, suffering from problems that he might have for life. I think it could really make an impact. Prayers continue for him.

Gina- corner office eh? Pretty swanky! Maybe you could hang some curtains up and then draw them closed so siesta time. lol. At least you haven't been there for years and have a ton of stuff to move. When I moved offices after 5 years I had so much crap!

Karla- good luck in your new career. Have you always worked in education or did you do something different before that? My coworker that I rode to and from Austin with is about 15 years older than me and he's on his 4th career I believe and they've been so varied. Its interesting to me.

Well, I'd better get crackin. Chris has an appt at 1pm with a MHMR worker. I signed him up for long term care type waiver services 6 years ago-knowing there was a 10 year wait list and not knowing if he'd need that once he turned 18. Well turns out they have more funding for case management services for kiddos that don't get Medicaid so we are getting a case manager. He's still on the wait list for the other stuff, and I don't know if she'll be able to provide me with any information I don't already have, but I never turn down assistance. There's always room to learn more.
Then at 2:30 he has a doc appt to get his Vyvance prescription for the next 90 days.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/8/12 5:17 am - Burleson, TX

Gina- corner office eh? Pretty swanky! Maybe you could hang some curtains up and then draw them closed so siesta time. lol. At least you haven't been there for years and have a ton of stuff to move. When I moved offices after 5 years I had so much crap!

ALISSA--have you MET me?????...lol...I've only been in THIS particular space for about 2 weeks, and it already looks like Mickey and Minnie Mouse threw up all in it...pictures..a few dolls...Mickey clock..Mickey lamp..The Princess Crew of 2009, in WDW, posing with M&M, in a Disney frame...

TRACEY created a MONSTER, I tell you !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Karla Lewis
on 6/7/12 8:42 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning...looking forward to the weekend. Looks like its a good chance of rain today and tomorrow. I'm sure it will since we are going to Galveston tomorrow. That is about par for the course. Work today. My retirement is part of my workday. Mum looking forward to it. I have 3 more days to work after today. One day next week and 2 the week after that. Next week will be a busy one with a couple of dr. Appts. And moving Ben back home from Aggieland. T least I'll get some exercise packing, loading and unloading, especially down a flight of stairs.

Have a good day to all.

Viv...hope your son starts feeling better.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Don 1962
on 6/7/12 9:27 pm
Looks like my plan to do yard today while Jan was at work maybe has been rained out.  Such is life.  Have some errands I can do instead or at least while it is drying out some.  I'll figure something out.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Alissa A.
on 6/7/12 9:28 pm - Keller, TX
Maybe you could clean the whole house and suprise her when she gets home from work. lol.
Don 1962
on 6/7/12 9:39 pm
Fraid you're little late with your suggestion.  Last night was house cleaning night.  If want to suprise her I could empty all her boxes and put things away.  May not be where she wanted it to put it up but the boxes would be empty and out of here!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Saundra P.
on 6/7/12 10:15 pm - Mesquite, TX
 Good morning,

TGIF!!!!!

Ready to get the work day over, I have plenty to keep me busy so day should go by fast. I think DH will be home around noon, think he is taking half day off to work on resume.  They were told last month his plant is being closed so he will be out a job in a couple of months.

This weekend hooking up with my sisters to decide what other island in Hawaii we want to go to in Sept as we need to get that booked, also planning trip to MN to see neice.

Tonight it is dinner out with DH.

Viv, Prayers for you son

Karla, hope weather good in Galveston 

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Vivian Prouty
on 6/8/12 2:41 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning Everyone,

Well....it IS still morning.  LOL    Just barely though.   I've been at the Dr. office ALL morning with my hubby.    You'd think the man was dying the way he was caring on.   LOL   They did a EKG and chest XRay since he was complaining so much with them.   They turned up nothing.   He has probably gotten a upper respitory infection.    He's never sick so I guess that is why all the complaining coming from him.    He's been taking OTC medicines and nothing was working on him.    Hope what the doc prescribed him works.   Hope so we were out $250 ( our part ) with our insurance.    Shawn sitll is not feeling well,,,,,he went to a counciling session with his fiance ( yep..not gf anymore...now fiance ).   He came home with chest hurting and dizzy.   It truly breaks my heart seeing him feeling like this and knowing I am helpless in the situation.    Trust me Alissa...he said he wants to talk to kids doing drugs and warn them about the LONG TIME affects that it can cause on your body.   It's a shame at 26 he is having these major health issues.    He did talk to the director of the Teen Challenge in SA yesterday.   He told Shawn not to worry about time lost right now.   He was just really concerned about his health and wanted him to get that  taken care of.    Please keep me in your prayers cause I may need it with 2 sick guys here.   LOL  Have a great weekend.   I have my gramdbaby's baby shower to go to tomorrow.   I'm excited !!! Praying the rain holds off for your family in Galveston tomorrow Karla.    Thanks for the prayers everyone for Shawn.   It really means alot !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views