Monday WLS Express

Alissa A.
on 7/15/12 8:01 pm - Keller, TX
All aboard!!
Alissa A.
on 7/15/12 8:06 pm - Keller, TX
Okay- I'll try this again. I had to post the first one with phone and now the website is working on the computer. That does this quite often. It just freezes up. Go figure.
I've been awake for a while because I can't get comfortable. Snickers and I got into a tussle and I fell and hit my right side on the coffee table. I don't think I broke a rib but I'm sure I've bruised something major because I can't take a deep breath without it hurting. And I can't sleep well either because I normally sleep on my right side. So, I'll start out on my back and then in my sleep I turn and then wake. I tried ice and heat-neither really helped. Its deeper than a muscle. It was Friday night/early Sat when I didn't see that he'd fallen asleep right before my recliner so I got up and tripped right over him. He's fine though.

Not much else to report here. Just work. A quick day trip to WF Wed and that's about it. Hope everyone has a fantastic day today!
meggieintx
on 7/16/12 7:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
Jumping on late today! Alissa you need to get that rib checked out if it is hurting that bad!! They take a long time to heal and a compression garment might help, like Gina said. Feel better!

My column "Jiggly Bits" is launching tomorrow on the new website "Plaid for Women" It is about my WLS! Hope yall enjoy it!!

Life is stressful at work but peaceful at home so I guesss it is pretty balanced. Weight is steady as it gets!

Prayers to Debbie Mathews and her family and friends and thank you Viv for letting us know. It is a tragedy.

Yall go out and make it a great day or fake it!!
p.s. my cleaning fairy comes on Tuesdays!!Yeah!!
Megan 
Don 1962
on 7/15/12 8:41 pm

Broke ribs = no fun.  Unless they are bar-b-qued!  Hope Snickers is okay.

Up way, way too early but no biggie.  Get the funky off, get suited and booted and go on to work.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Karla Lewis
on 7/15/12 10:24 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I have to mow today if the rain holds off. Fun times!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/15/12 10:50 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, family!

Was pretty quiet, in Gina-land, this weekend, with just Chris, the dogs, and I home-and, of course, Chris was out running running the roads, most of the time..I don't think I left the house at all on Saturday..yesterday CHARLENE came and picked me, and we had some much needed "catching up time"..shopping/lunch/girl gossip--all the things we love!!..I can't even remember the last time we were together, just "us"...We are all so guilty of letting "life" get in the way of what is so IMPORTANT...I guess I shouldn't take the liberty of speaking for more than just MYSELF, though...

ALISSA-you know you won't KNOW if you have a broken bone, without getting an X-ray-right??? The usual "treatment", broken or not, is most likely some kind of rib belt/compression thing, but it sure should make it feel better-esp if you have to be driving alot (like..ahem..from Keller to south FW and back every day, but less to WF)...

NO doubt will be a busy work week, so best get to nesting...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Y'all !!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Saundra P.
on 7/15/12 11:25 pm - Mesquite, TX
 Good morning

Awake but not up.  Last day here have to be packed and checked out by noon. Plan to go see baby one more time and drop off the new big brother who has been hanging with us all week. Have to take one  sister to airport then me and my other sister, niece and her son hit the road.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Vivian Prouty
on 7/16/12 12:00 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning TMB family,

I am very bummed this AM.    I was on FB last night and a friend of mine who was very encouraging and supportive before my WLS ( she had hers 1 yr. before ) I discovered had died June 11th of a heart attack.    I knew I had not seen her post on FB for a while but I am really not one to go to everyone's profile and check their statis either.   I was so very very upset last night when I discovered that.   For the one's who go to the breakfast and have for years....it was Debbie Matthews.    She was one of Dr. Kim's patients and before I had my WLS she gave me lots of advice and support.    I'm not doing anything I don't have to today.    I am pretty depressed over her death.    Have a great day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Lalocaweta
on 7/16/12 2:43 am - Spicewood, TX
Mike is off babysitting today and then he is going to a new dr. Hoping maybe he can find some resolution to his health problems.
I am at home w/ the "boarder" and have fixed him breakfast and lunch so far. This kiddo is going to go back to his last semester of college 15 pounds heavier, I think.
I get to do some more exciting biology homework and ponder housework. (The housework fairy has been on strike!)

Anne

"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Don 1962
on 7/16/12 2:56 am
(The housework fairy has been on strike!)

Sounds like she needs a slap up side the noggin!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views