WOW...everything looks so different!

Deedles
on 1/22/13 4:41 am - Highlands, TX

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I was here, life has a way of getting in the way! Beast is recovering from his prostate cancer, last year was a real challenge for us both. Focusing on him, and the lack of WLS food in hospitals has led to a slight weight gain. I tried to tell myself it was bounce-back but I know it's not...at least not all of it.

So I thought it best that I get back on the boards, start journaling again and get back to the basics that I know work.

Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

Karla Lewis
on 1/22/13 5:04 am - Livingston, TX
Welcome back...good to see you. Hope your husband is doing much better! I've had to buckle down too.its a must at times to stay on track.

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Saundra P.
on 1/22/13 8:12 am - Mesquite, TX
Glad to see your post, hope your husband continues to recover.
I have not experience regain (yet) but every once in a while I will weight and measure my food as portions somehow seem to slowly her bigger.

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Don 1962
on 1/22/13 7:17 pm

Welcome back!  

Glad to know the Beast is better. 

You can get some additional exercise when you go to the store by parking your Harley at the outer edge of the parking lot!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Vivian Prouty
on 1/22/13 10:08 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hi Dee,

Welcome back.   I know it's kind of sad that NONE of us are exempt from weight regain and it comes on SO much faster than it comes off.    Glad your hubby is recovering from his prostate cancer and I pray that he has no more problems.    We ALL know what we have to do to get off those nasty pounds that sometimes finds themselves on our thighs, tummy and hips.   Glad to see your beautiful smiling face when I came here now.   Too many of the active members have gone...it's always nice to see them return.    Please stay around.    We need more successful people such as yourself.    Glad your back here.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

TXKashmir
on 1/22/13 11:49 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

Welcome back! I'm still here, and was just wondering about you the other day! I'm sorry to hear you've been through so much, but it sounds like things are starting to look up for you & Beast. Hang in there with us, and you'll drop those annoying extra pounds in no time!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/23/13 8:44 pm - Burleson, TX

DEE !!! So nice to "see" you again! So sorry your DH got cancer, but m thankful he is in recovery. What a year 2012 must have been for BOTH of you. Being the caregiver can be just as challenging-if not more so-than being the patient, sometimes...

You are absolutely correct in your "back in the saddle plan"...do the the next right thing..You'll have that regain "re-lost", in no time...

Please stick around..We've missed you, and need you !

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Deedles
on 1/24/13 1:19 am - Highlands, TX

Thanks for the welcome back Everyone! I hope to be checking in regularly....I've missed all of you!

Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views