Newby here.. with lots of questions, help please.

Penny78213
on 11/18/15 7:10 am - San Antonio, TX
VSG on 12/28/15

My surgery date is set for 12/28 - (hopefully since it depends on my continuing to not smoke). My gastric sleeve surgery will be performed by Dr. Duperier at BMI of Texas in San Antonio.  I am 5'2 and my highest weight was 263.  No selfie to post as I thought I would wait until just before my surgery to take one (hate cameras). 

My first question has to do with meetings.  Does anyone know of any meeting in SA that meets during the day?  I have night blindness and am unable to drive home from meetings that start at 6:30pm during the winter months or at least after this dang DLS time change.  I do not personally know anyone who is attending the meetings or I would offer to pay for a ride to and from the evening meetings.

Second question - what does it mean with someone says their gastric sleeve has "loss its restriction"? I assume it means that the stomach can get big again.

Third question - What is the average weight loss with gastric sleeve the first month or two after the surgery?  And how soon can one be up and about at home doing their daily chores?  I am the caregiver for my 87 year old mom and wonder how long I should plan to hire someone to help.

Thanks

Penny

Vivian Prouty
on 11/21/15 7:24 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hi Penny,

The Texas Message board is pretty much dead here on OH.   You might want to go to the Vertical Gastric Sleeve message board and ask these questions there or even call your surgeon's office and ask them these questions.   As far as the weight loss....I can tell you that depends on the individual person and how they follow the rules that are given to be successful with the surgery.   Remember it is ONLY a tool...NOT a miracle that the weight will fall off of you.   It takes LOTS of very hard work to loose the weight.    Good luck to you and I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.   I am 10 yrs post op RNY.   Best choice I've made in my life.   Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Rachels0918
on 12/25/16 3:59 am

What type of insurance do you have and is it with  your employer PPO OR indiavidual HMO. Please I weigh 470 pounds and I'm 27 years old. Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 408 views