Let's get a new TEXAS group going!

ahuesatti
on 2/5/17 7:02 pm
VSG on 02/27/17

Howdy y'all--

I tried to find locals but didn't see an Austin group. I'm having my surgery (VGS) in February, and would love to talk to other Texas folks. Those other people just don't understand the allure of tortillas that we have to face on a daily basis!

ahuesatti

rachelp
on 2/6/17 7:33 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Tortilla chips, red sauce, green sauce & chili con queso OH MY! The struggle is real!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

ahuesatti
on 2/7/17 7:13 pm
VSG on 02/27/17

Hola!

They just don't know!! I've been eating chicken mole enchiladas cuz I'm pre-op... I was THRILLED when the doc and dietitian said than "tortilla" chips are okay if you are not exceeding carbs-- apparently it's just the breads that ball up in the digestive system that we have to watch out for-- like sopapillas! haha

I've tried Beanitos chips, and they're pretty good. I will miss flour tortillas, but can try them eventually, right? 

And QUESO- well, I'm just gonna savor the real cheese that I've been denying myself. Queso was for those "being naughty" times, but I looooovee all kinds of cheese. I feel SO relieved that it's actually more okay to eat cheese again (if my body can handle it).

Diana C.
on 2/10/17 10:20 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with

Hey ahuesatti,

I'm actually from Austin too!  Well N Austin (Cedar Park).  I had the RNY on 06/28/17 by Dr. Faulkenberry.  

But I definitely agree with you.....the struggle with tortillas is real!

Diana C.
on 2/10/17 10:21 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with

I mean 06/28/11 LOL

ahuesatti
on 2/10/17 10:32 pm
VSG on 02/27/17

Howdy! I'm with Dr. Sherrod at Southwest Bariatric Surgeons in their central Austin location. 

Thank goodness we can still eat guac and queso! ;)

Diana C.
on 2/11/17 2:38 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with

After WLS, I can eat guac but the queso is off limits for me.  :(

texastreat
on 4/17/17 5:51 pm - Austin, TX

Hi Diana,

Can you tell me more about Faulkenberry and his group? I had my surgery done in Houston and need "after care" now...just curious what his group is like etc. Thanks

If something makes you laugh and giggle, buy it or marry it !

texastreat
on 4/17/17 5:51 pm - Austin, TX

Hi Diana,

Can you tell me more about Faulkenberry and his group? I had my surgery done in Houston and need "after care" now...just curious what his group is like etc. Thanks

If something makes you laugh and giggle, buy it or marry it !

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/11/17 7:05 am
It's hard! There are so many good happy hours here too! 1/2 price drinks and alcohol yummy!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views