Mom Needs Advice On Supporting Daughter in wls

CuriousLady2020
on 1/22/20 7:18 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to all of this. My youngest daughter who is in her 30's (two kids), is going through the steps to have weight loss surgery. It's been her decision completely to have the surgery, but I want to learn how to best support her in this, top to bottom. Is anyone willing to share what your support has been and does anyone out there have maybe new ideas so I can do and say the right things to be the most helpful?

I see there is a conference coming to Houston...are support people allowed to attend?

Thanks!

C B
on 8/27/21 8:55 pm - Houston, TX

Hello. Did your daughter get her WLS? I think it's great that you want support her. I didn't have much support after my surgery in 2005, but would have been helpful would be: someone to help out after surgery (especially grocery shopping), a listening ear, if her kids are very young.. babysitting would be awesome or having them spend the night once in awhile. I have been a member along time, but recently signed back in.. I didn't know about the conference last year, but hopefully there will be one in 2022.

2005 HW: 300# // SW: 268# // GW: 140# (maintained for years)

2021 15yrs Post-op: 236# // Current: 127# // Goal: 120#

Most Active
Recent Topics
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 93 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 402 views
Problem 15 yrs out
Gandadavis61971 · 4 replies · 1227 views