DS'er relocating from AZ - need help!

JRinAZ
on 6/13/11 1:35 am - Layton, UT
Hiya Utah friends!
I'm hoping for some ideas, info and WLS friendships!

I just relocated from AZ to Layton and had a revision to a DS a year ago with Dr. Keshishian in CA.  I love my DS!  ....  But, I know i'm due for a check-up so, I'm hoping for recommendations for a WLS friendly (someone who knows DS lingo?) pcp, DS surgeon's who may be willing to take on DS patient's, support group info, etc.

Do most of you facebook or have other chat sites somewhere?  This forum seems unusually quiet for a forum??

I'm looking forward to meeting bunches of you!

Joyce
nightbird
on 6/13/11 12:34 pm - Bowie, MD
Welcome

I see Dr. Christina Anderson and she accepts Tricare if you came here with the military. She is downtown but her office sees patients here regularly in Davis I think.  I am pretty far out and just get my labs done at the clinic on base routinely.  My husband and I work on base...came here from Los Angeles with the military six years ago.  Please let me know if you need anything and I will be happy to help.

Lisa
JRinAZ
on 6/13/11 3:22 pm - Layton, UT
Thanks Lisa!
My husband is retired  AF and is now working in a gov job in SLC.  I live very near the base though and run over quite often for groceries, the splash pad, etc.  Maybe we could meet for lunch sometime?!

I already made an appointment with Dr. Kevin Gardner by Davis as recommended by someone on this forum.  I'll follow through with the appointment but will move on to another doc if he isn't a good match for me!  LOL!

I'll keep Dr. Anderson's name:)

Thanks again!

Joyce
Naked_Lizard
on 7/8/11 5:59 am - West Haven, UT
Joyce,
Your not far from me, I live in West Haven, just north/west of Roy. I see Dr Simper at RAMP, he's the one that did my DS and from my understandings one of the few in state. Great Dr, he did my DS and 7.5 yrs ago my DH's RNY, wish they did the DS more often back than, I would have pushed for my DH to have had the DS.
But its great to see that your my area. We must meet up.
Toni
HW/298 ~ SW/285 ~ CW/161~ GW/140
OnederLand & Century Club - 11/29/2010

Most Active