Approval today!!

Lacee C.
on 6/4/12 12:51 pm - UT
 I got my approval today!! I am soo excited! I am still as crazy as this sounds deciding if I want to do the sleeve or the bypass, just have been jumping back and forth so much!  Did anyone else do this?

Now I just need to come up with my 10% that my insurance doesn't cover and wait for the call to schedule my surgery :) So excited for this new Chapter in my life! 
kiwi C.
on 6/8/12 1:37 pm
congrats Lacee! Dr. Simper will a;so be my surgeon, and I will be getting it done at LDS at the end of June. I will be getting the DS.

I am a bit angry at the dr. right now though, cuz he wouldn't fill out paperwork for me to be off work for more than two weeks. He also wouldn't fill out PP for my hubby to take time off to take care of me for the initial week.

Anyway, keep me posted on when your surgery is posted. Also, Kathy at RMAP is really helpful!
Lacee C.
on 6/8/12 2:35 pm - UT
 Thanks! Ya Kathy is great- another one there is NOT- I fought her tooth and nail! I was thinking the switch at first but I decided not to just because of the extra cost- 

I am sorry he would not do that- I am not too worried about recovery I plan on being back to work 3 days post op as long as all goes well- kinda fast but my friend just did it also two weeks ago and has a desk job like me so I should be ok- I hope something gets worked out for yours- maybe you wont have to take off as much time as you think or same with your husband for helping! 

It is crazy, my mom had Gastric Bypass 10 years ago by Simper and she had to stay in the hospital for 4 days- just shows how things have changed in time! 
OneFinger
on 6/17/12 2:06 am
Congrats to Lacee on the approval. RMAP is a wonderful facility and I think they have one of the best programs. But, there is one person in  their office that is a real pain in the butt. Doesn't return phone calls, doesn't keep you in the loop, and you're basically at her mercy.  Would love to see RMAP help her with an attitude adjustment.

RMAP did my RNY and I'm very happy and pleased with the results. My doc (not Simper) felt that RNY was best for me and really didn't encourage me to consider any other surgery. What does Simper recommend for you? Has he gone over the pros and cons of both?

I had my surgery on a Friday morning and was back to work on Wednesday. I had a desk job and it was no problem returning that soon. I didn't have much energy for other activites for about 6 weeks. But, I needed minimal time off work.

I've had several friends go through this surgery and NONE of us needed more than a few days off work. Surgery was very easy and I never even needed any pain meds after I got out of the hospital. And, there was certainly no need for the spouse to take off work. But, there are no kids at home so our situation may not be typical.
High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Lacee C.
on 6/17/12 4:57 am - UT
 Thanks for your words! HAHA I think I can think of the person you are speaking of at RMAP that needs a little bit of help in doing their job- I actually spoke to that persons boss about them because I was so frustrated with them!! 

Thanks for letting me know on the time off- my jobs are easy desk type of jobs and so I figured not too many days were needed :) I am really excited and just ready for this new life to start!!! 

I have since spoken to Dr Simper about my options and we agree the RNY is what is best for me and I feel great about that coice :) A family member of mine had it 10 years ago or so by dr simper and has done VERY Well :) 

My only worry now is making sure I am well educated on food- did you go to a person to help you with this? 

Thank you again for the reply it really means allot for someone to tell me how their time was! 

OneFinger
on 6/17/12 4:45 pm
On June 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM Pacific Time, Lacee C. wrote:
 Thanks for your words! HAHA I think I can think of the person you are speaking of at RMAP that needs a little bit of help in doing their job- I actually spoke to that persons boss about them because I was so frustrated with them!! 

Thanks for letting me know on the time off- my jobs are easy desk type of jobs and so I figured not too many days were needed :) I am really excited and just ready for this new life to start!!! 

I have since spoken to Dr Simper about my options and we agree the RNY is what is best for me and I feel great about that coice :) A family member of mine had it 10 years ago or so by dr simper and has done VERY Well :) 

My only worry now is making sure I am well educated on food- did you go to a person to help you with this? 

Thank you again for the reply it really means allot for someone to tell me how their time was! 
...My only worry now is making sure I am well educated on food- did you go to a person to help you with this?

Since having my surgery, I've moved out of state and am now attending support groups in my  new area. I'm amazed at how lacking they are (in my new are) with post-op care.

RMAP's "blue bible" is the gold standard (IHMO) on post-op diet and care. I only wish RMAP shared that info sooner. I would have preferred getting that info 2-3 weeks BEFORE surgery.

FYI, my company (located outside Utah) is still sendng people to RMAP for WLS surgery. The options in my current location are just not up to the level of care offered by RMAP. My company realizes that and is encouraging employees to get their surgery done in Utah rather than other locations. Four co-workers had surgery at RMAP and 3 others are scheduled for RMAP surgery in the next few weeks.

Believe me, you're very lucky to have RMAP doing your surgery. I actually have a relative that is a WLS surgeon at another clinic in Utah. But, after a lot of research, I felt RMAP had the best program and went with them. It was an excellent decision.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Lacee C.
on 6/17/12 7:10 pm - UT
 Well I get my "bible" a week before my surgery :) so I will be doing allot of reading so I am ready! I plan on going to the group therapys once a month since I am an hour away from there- but I am excited, I have read about what difference they make in a person and their journey! 

RMAP is a great place :) I am really excited and know I am in great hands- just REALLY ready for it to be here and get going :) I am READY :) 

thanks again for your reply and words :) so helpful! 

Most Active