Richmond WLS Graduates Support Group

Lauren B
on 7/6/11 10:21 am, edited 7/6/11 10:22 am - VA
I wanted to inform the locals in Richmond (or any other surrounding area residents willing to travel) that I have started up a weight loss support group for 3 years+ post-op graduates with our esteemed Mary D. by my side. I’m hosting the group through www.meetup.com. The group can be found at http://www.meetup.com/RVAWLSGrads.  Please contact me privately if you are unfamiliar with Meetup and need help accessing the site, setting up a profile and joining the group. 

Meetup is JUST what it sounds, a place where interest groups join together and create “meetups", aka events, to join together with like minded individuals. I’m an Asst-Organizer for two other groups on Meetup and find it to be a wonderful way to network locally and meet new people.

Mary and I have discussed for years that there was a lacking need in the Richmond area for a support group geared for long term post op and the struggles we have as compared to pre-surgery or newly post op patients. I hope to see a great response and to begin, I will be hosting the support group out of my home. As we get our membership numbers up, we will be offering all kinds of different meetups to include other meeting locations around Richmond, group exercise activities, social time on the town for eats, coffee, etc. ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME. SO CONTACT ME TO GET INVOLVED!  

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

bjhice
on 7/23/11 10:03 am - New Kent, VA
 Good luck on your new group. We now have a very good maint group at St. Mary's, which has now been closed to newbies and pre-ops. We just started meeting 2x a month - once at the hospital and the second group on the town (this month we met at Panera's) Sounds like your group will be a great addition to the available options.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 856 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2181 views