Medicaid Question

we3crews
on 8/31/13 8:56 am

I have been wanting this WLS for many years. I was approved in 2010 by Anthem when I worked for a local insurance company but was unable to have the surgery because I found out I was pregnant. I struggle with my weight and it is now causing my knees, feet and back to be in extreme pain not to mention the shortness of breath. I no longer have Anthem due to being laid off and now have Medicaid... so my question is does anyone know what Medicaid requires before they give approval for WLS. 

melanie M.
on 9/28/13 3:01 pm - Hopewell, VA

I know this post was made a couple months ago but hoping I can help you with this.

I have a couple friends who got their surgery on medicaid. They require 6 month supervised diet/nutrition log from physician as well as at least 100 lbs overweight. Medicaid is actually easier to get the surgery than anthem or any other major insurance company. I hope this helps and maybe by the time you see this you will be already approved for your surgery. Best of luck to you :)

we3crews
on 9/28/13 3:28 pm
Thank you so much. I am currently working on my first month of supervised diet. I was diagnosed this week with sleep apnea so I am more determined now to do everything I need to get the surgery. I want to get healthy again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 856 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2181 views