Richmond, VA Employers

fashionista
on 10/17/16 6:06 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Hello Everyone -

So I was banded in June of 2007....almost 10 years later I weigh almost twice as much as I did when I had the lap band.  It wasn't an effective tool.  After some soul searching & a life coach, I decided it would be best to pursue gastric bypass surgery.  I was set to go & getting appointments out the way.  However, I was out of work and on Medicaid.  I started a job almost a year ago and unfortunately, they do not offer WLS under their health insurance.  I've been still going to my appointments with the faith that next year I will have a new employer that will offer WLS as an option.  

I'm reaching out to you all because I don't want to apply to companies that don't offer it under their health insurance plans.  I would appreciate if someone would respond by stating which employers you know FOR SURE, that offer WLS under their health coverage options.  

Thank you so much....

Catek2652
on 11/24/16 3:22 am
RNY on 10/26/15

The US Military health insurance covers it. Look into civilian military jobs.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 864 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2190 views