It Came and Went .. Now .. whatcha going to do !

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/05 7:38 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ok .. Va Members .. Christmas is over .. and the clean up begins !! Are you ready for the New Year .. Are you still Living the Lifestyle .. ? What motivates you ? I know for me .. the food issue was very managable this year during the holiday .. I ate only protein laden foods .. and walked my butt off .. ( Mall shopping will do that to you ) Exersise I find is the key to maintaining my weight... knowing that I can burn a few extra calories if need be .. and that it truly works .. I bought several new CD's to work out to and when I feel stressed .. or feel yucky .. one good 60 minute aerobic burn -- brings me right back to life . I really thought I ate a lot yesterday .. I guess cuz I kept picking at the Turkey Plate and the fact that I cooked 70 % of the meal .. and if you are a good cook you taste things right .. well ... I got on the scale and dang it all .. dropped 2 lbs .. I heard more than one time last night .. Hey Skinny .. come ere .. or dang Nat .. is that really you .. I ate it up .. sorry .. going to be a little vain here .. but I did work really hard to get here .. my entire family knows I had surgery .. but they do not really know how hard you have to work .. And it is hard work .. but so worth it .. right? So .. what are your goals for the New Year ..? How do you plan on getting there .. ? Just remember .. each day is a new day to start over .. and nothing is ever lost ! Good to be back .. ! Love you all ! Nat
Sharon Q.
on 12/25/05 11:57 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Morning Nat, and a belated Merry Christmas to you!! I didn't weigh myself yet today, but I was a little bad yesterday for me. When we went to my sister's house she had just taken a pan of carmel corn out of the oven. WELL, let me tell you, I love that stuff!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I was starving when I went there, and there were no protein snacks out for me, so I started with 3 triscuts, then moved right into the carmel corn. I laughed with my sister as I was shoving it in my mouth how my body better do it's job and make me good and sick for this. It took a whole bowl of the stuff, and it happened. Dumped like a tonka truck. I was miserable for a whole hour and my sister, BIL and hubby all got to listen to me whine. I get soooooooooo sleepy and feel so pukey all at 1 time. I NEVER puke, but the feeling is bad enough to keep me from doing that again ever. LOL Lessons learned. So today, I am starting phase 1 of South Beach all over again. For the next week it's protein and vegtables only for me. After that we'll add some good carbs back in to see how I do. That's my most immediate goal. Past that it's just to be good and get the last few pounds off to my surgeons goal, then the last 10 to my goal. I'll be at 1 year during the convention, so I feel I still have a lot of losing to go. Here's to a new year of loving life and learning how to better work with our new tools!! XOXOOXOO Much Love, Sharon
Kennie29
on 12/26/05 10:01 am - Chesapeake, VA
I have not had my surgery yet! I will be having mine on February 6, 2006 and I do not know what to expect or nothing. I am kinda new at this site also . I could use all the advice and what to or not to expect...lol, I am a big ol chicken!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/05 5:36 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well ...us chickens got to stick together huh... I was a chicken too .. big ole ginny hen LOL but I made it . Not sure what to tell you as everyone has different surgeries and experiences . You are welcome to read my profile ... and if you can .. tell me a little more about the surgery type .. and where you are in your pre-op testing . One thing you can expect is to get your life back .. and to loose weight .. Hope to hear more from you .. take care and God Bless .. Nat
jilldennis
on 12/26/05 10:16 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Nat - I did pretty good over the holidays too. I surprised myself. As of this morning I still weigh 164...so over the holidays I didn't gain anything! Since my orthopaedic doctor has limited my walking (again!) my daughter and I have set up all the excerise equipment and we are starting today. Hopefully tomorrow when I go back to the orthopaedic doctor he will clear me for tae kwon do (sp??) and we will be starting that as a family. I can't wait to see you in January. Drop me an e-mail and let me know what you need me to do. I have some goodies as give aways too. Or e-mail me and I will give you my phone number. Hugs! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/05 2:23 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I did email you ... did you not get it .. let me know and I will do it again . If not send me an email to [email protected] now and we can talk about it . Thanks !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2190 views