Clothing!

spaceystacey
on 12/26/05 6:11 am - Littleton, NC
I got some good motivation to go through my closet yesterday. My mother-in-law gave me a pair of size 14 jeans. Ok, they were stretch, but they fit and I had a little room to spare. So I've spent today going through everything that I own and I am getting rid of the things that don't fit me anymore. Most of the stuff is in sizes 18-24. I have a couple new dressy outfits that I only had a chance to wear once (size 20) and a black suit with pink pinstripes (jacket and skirt) that I bought from Lane Bryant and only wore a couple of times (size 22.) If anyone is interested, please let me know. I plan on taking this stuff to good will Friday, but I will hold off on that if anyone is interested. My closet that was jam-packed before looks so empty now! Brian might actually be able to move his stuff back into our bedroom closet! I hope you all had a great Holiday! Love, Stacey
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/26/05 7:23 am - Danville, VA
I would love to have them, Stacey....could you figure the shipping and let me know? I would reimburse the cost to ship? If you would want to do that. Let me know. Thanks, Betsy
spaceystacey
on 12/26/05 10:18 am - Littleton, NC
Betsy, I would love to give them to you. I have 8 large trash bags full of clothes, so I think the shipping would get quite expensive! Some of the stuff is a little worn, but I have 2 full bags of jeans and pants that are in decent condition, a few skirts, lots of tops and button down shirts. You aren't too far from Richmond, right? I can bring them to you and you can pick out what you want. I would just hate for anyone to have to pay for shipping this stuff and I don't mind the drive! Besides, I would love to meet you! Let me know what you would like to do. I should have Friday free, so if that works for you, then maybe we can meet then. hugs, Stacey
Lelandmm
on 12/26/05 12:00 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Stacey, Doesn't it feel GREAT???? I went through and sized my closet while I was home on leave after I had my surgery last year. I put the smallest stuff in the back. I had this one pair of jeans I used to wear every Friday to the Admirals games back in like 95-96 when the Admirals were in the East Coast league. They were my "skinny" jeans. I am guessing they were about a size 18W or a 20W. By the time I remembered where they were, They were too big! I was too small for my "SKINNY" jeans! YES! I am constantly going through what I have, and when something gets too big, not matter how many times I wore it, It has to go. I have some "goal" clothes hanging in the closet in our spare room. My sister used to live here before my husband and I moved in. She left several size 11/12 and 14 size suits. They are all cut small, like juniors sizes with no elastic. So no go right now. BUT, hopefully one day I will be able to! There are plenty of great people on here to exchange clothes with. It is a great motivator to clean out your closet knowing another post op can use what you need to get rid of. Best Wishes! Leland
TammyNVA
on 12/26/05 7:42 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Leland, I'm sooooo glad you posted and talked about sizing your closet. I never thought of doing that; I'm still home on leave for 2 more weeks (my generous employer gave me 6 weeks paid post-op leave) and that would be a great way to spend some of my time!!! At 4 weeks post op I already have some clothes that are too baggy, mostly tops that were loose to begin with, and of course my "fat pants" are getting ridiculously loose. Tammy
Shannon_nicole
on 12/26/05 9:43 pm - Carrollton, VA
Hey Stacey, I don't live far from you and just had surgery Dec 14th, I'm a 26-28 now, but I've already lost around 20 lbs and I'll be hitting the sizes you mentioned I'm sure pretty soon.... I'd love the clothes and I don't mind paying you, meeting you some where or whatever. I live in Carrollton... just on the other side of the James River Bridge. Let me know. Thanks a million!!
Shannon_nicole
on 12/26/05 9:47 pm - Carrollton, VA
Sorry I didn't read Betsy's post. Let me know if she doesn't want em'. Stacey thanks for the thoughtfulness!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2191 views