Making the Final Decision

KathyT
on 12/27/05 5:52 am - Dale City, VA
I haven't posted regularly to this board. I've been debating with myself about going ahead and getting the surgery. Last week I went to my bi-yearly appointment with the Transplant Center and the doctor told me he would recommend me have it sooner rather than later. Also that they have had several transplant patients have gastric bypass and are doing well. My next step is to switch my insurance to Kaiser. My company has a rider on their health insurance policy excluding the surgery so I have to get my own insurance but it will be worth it. I am still a little worried at times as to what if something happens but then I'm like something will happen if I don't do something about my weight NOW! I look forward to getting to know everyone as I start my journey. I'm hoping that by the end of January or beginning of February I will have switched the insurance and be on the road to having surgery. Kathy T.
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/27/05 7:07 am - Danville, VA
Kathy, on Dec 16th I finally had my surgery..I had to have open because of so much scar tissue but I would do it again in a heartbeat. I sit here with a 13 in*****ision, a JP tube hanging out of my stomach and I am so glad I did this. I am on clear liquids until Friday and I am looking forward to having low fat cottage cheese and baby food fruit!!! Pureed...thank God. It is not an easy road but if we work it, it is a tool that really works. I see all the wonderful success stories and I am so amazed. The people on her are wonderful and I am so thankful to have found this board. Good luck on your journey and we are here for you all the way. Hugs, Betsy
KathieKathie
on 12/27/05 8:59 pm - Manassas, VA
Be very careful with the baby food frui****ch your sugar content VERY closely! (Look for Splenda on the label?) Glad to hear you're doing well! hugs, Kathie
A10sFrau
on 12/27/05 8:02 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Kathy Glad to meet you. This is the best place in the world so begin your journey. Lois
Kennie29
on 12/27/05 8:18 am - Chesapeake, VA
It took me awhile to figure out what and when to do something about my weight. I had the "what if" syndrome too. But then there is a peace in me about getting this done now and my date is 1-6-06. I am excited and scared at the same time and they have already sent a list of all my appts leading up until my date!!!!!! Don't worry girl, if u decide to do it, you have come to the right place for all the support that u need!!! Hugs, Kennie
KathyT
on 12/27/05 9:47 am - Dale City, VA
Thanks everyone. I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
Kennie29
on 12/27/05 3:46 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Mine is 2-6-06, not 1-6-2006......duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Kennie
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/05 8:54 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Kathy - It's a TOUGH decision to make and I can understand all your fears and/or concerns. Only YOU will know if it's the right thing for you to do. It's a life long commitment and there are learning curves and challenges along the way. That being said, it's the BEST decision I could have ever made and my life, health and happiness has improved tenfold because of it. Just keep reading, learning and researching - eventually the answer will become clear. Good luck to you on whatever you decide!!! - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2191 views