BITTERSWEET.....CALLING ALL VSGERS!

Memoir-ist0324
on 3/24/11 12:51 am - Flowery Branch, GA
 SWEET: ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I HAVE SURGERY IN 4 DAYS!!!! 22 WOOT WOOT!

BITTER: I AM SCARED VSG WONT BE A STRONG ENOUGH "TOOL" TO ASSIST ME IN MY WEIGHT LOSS VENTURES! I HAVE BEEN SOOOO CONFIDANT, BUT IN THE LAST FEW DAYS, I HAVE BEEN FREAKING OUT!! ALL YOU VSGERS, PLEASE HELP!

HERE MY STATS:

5'10
301LBS
GW: 155

WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 146LBS

SOME

carabarnes
on 3/24/11 12:54 am
Happt Birthday and Congratulations! My birthday was 2 days before my surgery! Don't freak out you'll be fine!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

lrg2008
on 3/24/11 12:58 am - TX
VSG on 07/22/08 with
You are gonna do great!!! I'll be 3 years post op in July. I made my goal by my 1st year anniversary and have maintained ever since with little effort.

Create Your Own Ticker Create a New Ticker

*10 pounds lost pre-op

jimbovsg
on 3/24/11 1:03 am
It is a strong tool.......you must also do your part.......I lost MORE  than you weigh .....in 18 1/2 months!  Good luck!   and Happy Birthday!  

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

chrissycookit
on 3/24/11 1:14 am - Rensselaer, NY
Happy Birthday!!! You are so normal right now....if you weren't having theese feelings we would think there is something wrong..lol.....you are doing the best thing for yourself right now...stay focused and determined. I will be 1 year out on April 27th I'm 11 pounds away from my goal....no sweat though...i'm happier than a lark right now...I love everything about my sleeve. I exercise so much more than ever, I eat way better, I'm buying smaller clothes (who doesn't like that).....just take a deep breath!!!! Good luck and keep us posted....sending positive vibes your way along with many many prayers..... 

anninva
on 3/24/11 1:22 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
you are SO normal!!!  i just started crying about 3 days before surgery wondering what on earth i was getting myself into!!!  your sleeve will definitely be a great tool in getting you where you want to go.  just short of 3 mos and i've lost about 40 lbs!!!  never done it before in my life!!!!

keep us posted on how you're doing.  happy bday and (((((((((hugs))))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

stephanie507
on 3/24/11 1:24 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
Happy Birthday and I understand your feeling I've been through that to after failing so many attempts at losing weight but this time I know I had to do this to save my life.  So far I am making the most of this tool I go to the gym 5 days a week even when I want to stay home and do nothing I get up and go.  You are feeling normal I is hard to believe that this can work so far it is as long as we do our part.  I know I must do my part each and every day.  You can do it take one day time.  Keep moving and eat healthy. 

inle31
on 3/24/11 1:56 am, edited 3/24/11 1:59 am - GA

Don't be scared.  I'm having surgery 4 days before my birthday in April.  Just think of it like I do.  This is my gift to myself this year and for the rest of my life.  I am going on a cruise 7 months later after I have my surgery so I am giving myself a belated part two gift but next year I'm gonna party!!!  

Pray and trust God.  You'll be fine.

johnbertak
on 3/24/11 4:38 am - MD
It's not my birthday, but I feel like it is.... I hit 100 lbs. lost yesterday and today I'm exactly 4 mos. post-op.   Don't measure yourself by me, we all are different, but know that you can be well on your way to your goal in a few short months.  The sleeve is a great tool - combine it with mindful eating and meaningful exercise and it works wonders.  I'm a goofy old man of 65 - if I can do it, you can, right?  You're apprehensive because you're making a major life-change - you SHOULD BE apprehensive. But you should also be confident.   You will get through this and you will succeed.  All the best.
Pop-Pop 

sulky
on 3/24/11 12:05 pm - Australia
VSG is not a permanent fix.Although there is initial large weight loss initially as time goes by your stomach stretches.this stretch lets you eat more and if not careful at about the 2yr mark you will start to gain weight again.i know because this has happened to myself and 6 other people i know personally.you have to really stick to serious eating of protein and low carb for the rest of your life.i am 4 kg heavier than my lowest weigth and i am struggling to loose it.currently on a strict diet and exercise plan to loose it.alll said i would recommend the surgery as my life is better.just remember to really watch your weight
Most Active