NEED INFO ON SLEEVE

msangie76
on 3/27/11 7:53 am

IN 2008 I HAD THE LAP BAND, ON 7/8/2010 I HAD TO HAVE MY BAND REMOVED BECAUSE IT SLIPPED.  SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN TO ANOTHER SURGEON AND HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR THE GASTRIC BYPASS. I SET THE SURGERY DATE TWICE AND BOTH TIMES I BACKED OUT.  I KNOW THE THE GASTRIC BYPASS IS A GREAT SURGERY BUT I DONT THINK I COULD HANDLE THEM REARRANGING MY INTESTINES. I KNOW THAT I WOULD NOT WANT THE BAND AGAIN!  I AM NOW CONSIDERING THE GASTRIC SLEEVE.  I KNOW IT HAS IT'S COMPLICATIONS TOO BUT I WOULD FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT MY INTESTINES ARE STILL INTACT.  I WOULD LOVE TO GET ANY FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THE SLEEVE... THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY....ANTHING YOU THINK I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT!!! 

novascotiadawn
on 3/27/11 8:09 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I had complications and I recommend the sleeve, you won't regret it!!! Was the 2nd best decision I ever made!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

sleeve genie
on 3/27/11 8:42 am - Alhambra, CA
I absolutely love my sleeve,  best thing i ever did other than having my beautiful daughter.  I say go for it.   Like you i didn't want them messing with the plumbing.   I had a big ol tummy and could eat a LOT of food.   A smaller tummy seemed to make perfect sense to me.  Good lucky  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

CJCC55
on 3/27/11 8:55 am - Cleveland, TN
I love my sleeve. I had esophageal spasms after surgery for several weeks. Also had nausea a few months post op. That lasted for a couple of months also, but it was all worth it, and I consider it all part of the journey.
I am happy. I feel that I can maintain my wt loss for the first time in my life. Everytime throughout my life that I lost weight, I would regain that plus some more within a year of two.
I, too, had difficulty being at peace with lap band, or RNY.
Good luck in your search for the proper weight loss surgery.
Carol

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

finallyformyself
on 3/27/11 9:10 am - KC, MO
Check out http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com

sunny10
on 3/27/11 11:01 am
I had a very good experience with the sleeve surgery. No complications, and had very little pain.  Went into the OR  at 9am woke up in recovery at 12 noon. Stayed in the hospital overnight.  I would advise you to stay home from work as much as you can.  It took me 3 weeks to get all my energy back.  I stayed home 4 weeks before returning to work.  Just follow your NUT's instructions and you will do fine.
Sunny10    
USAF Wife
on 3/27/11 11:24 am
http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/

Check out this link, and all the discussions listed along with all the research links/articles listed at the bottom.

I'm a band to sleeve revisioner. Bast damn thing I've ever done. I'm almost 22 months post-revision. Had complications because of the band, but recovered and live a very normal, active life. Eat anything and everything I want in moderation and small portions. I'm never physically hungry, have zero food or medication intolerances.

Major thing for me is that I'm 8 weeks pregnant, and doing amazingly well.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Kenwillmore
on 3/27/11 11:45 am
I didn't have complications but I absolutely love my sleeve.  I have to agree with a previous poster, it was one of the best decisions of my life.

HW: 258 SW: 248 GW: 150  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views