Anybody go to Stanley Hoehn? from out of town and self-pay?

Hollyhock
on 3/31/11 8:20 pm - VA
I just read the federal regulations and it says the Office of Personnel Management has 90 days (!) to review my appeal.  90 days.  Aarrrgg!  (For those of you not following my laments I've been turned down twice by BCBS Fed, once for the sleeve not being appropriate for a BMI under 50 and once for not having serious enough co-morbidities.  Now I'm appealing to the oversight office.)

I have decided to just go ahead and self-pay while I wait on the appeal.  So I need a BCBS preferred provider so that if I win my appeal I get better reimbursement, but in case I lose my appeal I want to find someone with a reasonable fee.

Dr. Hoehn at KC bariatric looks great, and I watched the video of him doing the procedure online.  I think he's my man.  Any reviews you haven't already shared on his OH page?

Did anybody go to him from out of town (i.e. flying in and staying there a week or so)?  How did that work out for you?
5'7"  VSG on 6/6/2011  HW 224, SW 214, CW 144  
VeraG
on 3/31/11 10:24 pm - Bonner Springs, KS
I self paid with Dr. Hoehn and I love the man.  Although after surgery you deal mainly with his staff, who are also great!  I go Monday for my one year check up and can't wait to see everyone.  As of this morning, I'm down 104 lbs. and feel better than I've felt in a very, very long time.  Congrats on your decision!!!!!!!!

Living until I die!