Nexium ??

alicia601
on 4/5/11 2:56 am - NY
Hey everyone.. I got a question....Does anyone take Nexium for the stomach acid/gas/heartburn that you get after surgery ? I take pepcid 2 times a day and I dont feel it's working because I am constantly burping whether I eat or drink. My doctor said I can switch to Nexium. Does anyone else take Nexium ? If so what do you think of it ? Does it really help get rid of the acid/gas or at least keep it at a min. ? Any advice is appreciated.

LynMac35
on 4/5/11 4:14 am
I take Nexium 2x/day (am and pm) and Zantac 2 (300mg) at night. I tried Prilosec and Nexium seems to work so much better for me, it costs more because it doesn't come in generic form yet.

Also, not sure, but I think you can take the pepcid,  an acid blocker, and a nexium or prilosec, which are PPI's together if you need to. They both help with acid, but in different ways. Check with your doc though.

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
KrisJ77
on 4/5/11 8:09 am - TX
I take one in the morning every day and have had no issues!! 

Elaine2
on 4/5/11 10:19 am - Atlanta, GA
I take the Nexium in powdered form....mix in small amount of water each AM.
Requested a pill version ( I take lots of other meds so pills are no problems) but the surgeon would rather I stay on the powder.
Really helps allot!!!!

maxcat
on 4/5/11 11:47 am - Philly Burbs, PA
 Nexium has helped me alot use to take 1 in the morning and 1 at night to deter acid reflux now I only take 1 at night. Here is a link to find out if you can get it cheaper. It worked for me I used to pay $50 a month but with this card I only pay $25. Heres the link
http://www.purplepill.com/taking-nexium/purple-plus-savings-card.aspx
Hope that helps you.

alicia601
on 4/5/11 10:42 pm - NY
I started taking Nexium thuis morning and hopefully it helps me more then the pepcid did. Thanks everyone *****sponded to this post. It sure made me feel that there is hope since Nexium has helped you all.

Most Active