How long have you had the sleeve???

msangie76
on 4/6/11 1:36 pm
I would like to know how long you have had your sleeve and have you experienced any complications.... whether post op or years out. 
mylastchance
on 4/6/11 1:41 pm
I am 10 months out and not had any kind of complication.  I am very happy with my progress and would do this again in a heartbeat if necessary.  No regrets at all.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

glendary
on 4/6/11 1:52 pm, edited 4/6/11 1:52 pm
I am 4+ months out. 

Complications??? What do you consider complication?

No major medical problems, but
Trouble with gas in my shoulders after surgery... yes
Trouble with gas in my tummy causing me to throw-up... yes
Trouble with constipation... yes and I had IBS with diarrhea before.
Trouble with eating some foods still ... yes
Not being able to drink a big enough drink of water to swallow a pill, not getting all my liquids in, having to watch what I eat more now than I ever have in my life... yes, yes, yes

Thinking "OMG- what have I done?"... yes
Thinking "Is this working?"...yes
Thinking "This is the best thing I have ever done for myself"  YES!!! YES !!!  YES!!!

USAF Wife
on 4/6/11 10:00 pm
22 months out
Had a leak 2 days post my revision from the band
had an extensive 3 month recovery with a 2nd hospitalization for abscesses in my abdomen/pelvic cavity around 6-7 weeks out

Other than those complications, I've had a full recovery, and live a very normal life post-op. The first 3 months were hell, but at the same time, every obstacle, every struggle was well worth the end result, and I would do it all over again to live this life.

Having difficulty getting in fluids, gas pains, difficulty transitioning to solid foods were struggles, along with becoming lactose intolerant, and developing a whey protein intolerance but I do not consider them complications. It's just how the cookie crumbled for me, and I survived. I never regretted or second guessed my choice. I never had the "oh **** what have I done" thoughts.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Deborah F.
on 4/7/11 12:11 am - MI
I had my surgery 3-8-2011.  Doing well with food but I'm am nauseated a lot and not a after eating.  I go to the Dr today and get to weigh in and will talk to him about the nausea.  Thanks to Zofran it help a lot.
Ms Shell
on 4/7/11 12:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
Over 3 years out.  My 2 year labs showed Iron, Vitamin A & Vitamin D being low I started supplementing and my 3 year was much better.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

gator28fan
on 4/7/11 1:53 am - Scott, LA
My one year surgiversary is on April 20th and I have only one regret...that I didn't know about this surgery years ago and have the surgery at that time.   It has totally changed my life.

Loving my sleeve!!

Marlene
HW:  440.6  SW: 401  CW: 281.6 GW:  170            
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 2:43 am - Humboldt, CA
 Four years out and the only thing I have to be careful of is iron. The part of my stomach that was removed apparently was where most of my iron -from -food absorption place was, so with a little supplemation on that I'm fine. Which means I have to keep up on my fluid intake or I get constipated. Still totally do-able and much much better than weighing 352!
MacMadame
on 4/7/11 2:49 am - Northern, CA
2.5 years out.

At 7 weeks I had a kidney stone from not drinking enough water. My labs have also showed low protein since that time. I consume over 125 g of protein a day that seems to keep my levels normal, but on the low side.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MS.LISA
on 4/7/11 5:38 am - Salem, OR
I am 4 months 2 weeks since surgery, and I had a really good recovery, it did hurt like heck for a couple days but after that it got better. I got mine in Mexico were the pain meds suck!
I am happy with my weight loss I just wi**** would come off a little faster.
I cant eat breads or spagetti there to heavy for me.
I still cant get all my water in, Im not a water drinker.
I have absolutely NO regrets what so ever!
I love my sleeve!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views