Insurance Questions

msangie76
on 4/6/11 1:38 pm
I have TRI-CARE, and I am wondering if they pay for the sleeve?  I have read that they wouldn't but I am hoping that maybe that has changed in the recent months!
George B.
on 4/7/11 12:39 am - Miami, FL
The only way to know for certain is to check with your insurance provider. Coverage varies from plan to plan.

Even if it is not currently covered ask about the appeal process and if the procedure will be covered for the next enrollment period. Finally, when you look for a surgeon try to find one with a good insurance coordinator who knows the process and will work with you on the appeal process. Even if your insurance company does not cover the sleeve you can appeal their decision.

It takes some effort to have insurance cover the sleeve but getting the sleeve is worth the effort.

Good luck,
George

Most Active